Real Life........

Options
BeefyBFit
BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
I really wish real life people were as a great and positive as my MFP/online friends. Why can this not be flipped around???

Replies

• SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I agree, but if the people in my real life were supportive then I wouldn't have met the awesome people I've met here. :flowerforyou:
  • BeefyBFit
    Options
    Good point! :wink:
  • TemperedMan
    Options
    And obviously I wouldn't be as successful as I am now because plainly I got fat while they were around...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i think it is because your real life friends may or may not have fitness as a goal, and your MFP friends want to succeed and want to see you succeed because thats a primary concern in our lives. i bet if you have a real life friend who also values that sort of fitness mentality you would find the same thing in him or her.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of very positive real life friends, as well as MFP folks.

As the saying goes, show me your friends and I will show you your future!

Life is to short to hang with negative peeps.
  • BeefyBFit
    Options
    I have a lot of very positive real life friends, as well as MFP folks.

As the saying goes, show me your friends and I will show you your future!

Life is to short to hang with negative peeps.

I like this! And it is true, I do find myself seeking out more positive people. Unfortunately, some people are not so easy to X out of my life.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I concur buddy!!! My real life friends have no idea how hard things are. Even something so simple as an an unplanned lunch becomes difficult for me. Do I have the cals left, should I get what I want or be good......... Yep, its hard. So glad I have my support system here!! Like You!!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you should drink some more.
  • BeefyBFit
    Options
    you should drink some more.

I try but sometimes drinking is just not enough..... :drinker:
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I really wish real life people were as a great and positive as my MFP/online friends. Why can this not be flipped around???

Seriously. A lot of my MFP pals are awesome. SOme I had to delete because they brought nothing to the table. But yes, why aren't poeple more motivating
  • BeefyBFit
    Options

Seriously. A lot of my MFP pals are awesome. SOme I had to delete because they brought nothing to the table. But yes, why aren't poeple more motivating

Yep
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I find that strangers often tend to be more supportive than people we know!!! We are a blank canvas to each other -- I don't know your baggage unless you tell me, and I have no preconceptions about you. Plus, we are all sharing this experience together so that helps, as well.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    When you enter the world of fitness, you have to take a hard, real look at yourself and face the truth in order to improve and get better. You have to plow through plateaus and find ways around obstalces and roadblocks. This induces a sense of humility that most people who haven't accomplished anything for themselves out of hard work often lack. When I give advice or when people ask me for advice, I want them to succeed, I really do. Always rooting for the underdog.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Misery loves company...

Try being more miserable. Maybe your RL friends will embrace you more!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty darn supportive group of real life friends, but I would be sad without my MFPers.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I agree!! This is why I do not talk about fitness on fb or to my family---I don't get the responses from them that I get here!!
  • 820Resa
    820Resa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree!! This is why I do not talk about fitness on fb or to my family---I don't get the responses from them that I get here!!

Too true! I get funny looks and blank stares when I talk nutrition especially. I can't get my family to substitute a whole grain for processed enriched crap to save my life...much less go into any other healthy life style change.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that earlier!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Go to a clean eating thread and rethink your "people in real life should be more like people on MFP' idea.