Pissed

Options

Replies

• iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    OP - ignore the haters!!! Don't give up on your dreams. You're doing a great job!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    OP - ignore the haters!!! Don't give up on your dreams. You're doing a great job!!!! :flowerforyou:

i cant even
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it was a full pound? I mean... maybe it's really only .8 or something...
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Did you have any sugar this week?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    give up?

not in my vocabulary.

yeah my safeword is something else too

Mine is peanuts...but sometimes it can get confused with something else and leads to issues.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I totally thought this was going to be a golden shower thread......don't mind me.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it was a full pound? I mean... maybe it's really only .8 or something...

My scale doesn't believe in rounding....
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    One week? One week and you're this jacked up? Sheesh. It took me 6 weeks to get the scale moving in the right direction. Chill.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Yes, one week is clearly indicative of how well your efforts are working. Please quit now. You'll never get ahead with this kind of attitude.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Sometimes I'll be up two pounds from the week before. It doesn't actually mean I gained fat. A week is no time at all.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Well with that attitude how do you expect to accomplish anything? I weigh myself every morning so i don't get bummed on this. 5lbs come and go off our bodies really quick... I for one have gone up 5lbs on the scale one day to drop down 6 the next... water weight and timing is everything. You just never give up and it'll come off. Just persist and your body will get the drift eventually.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Is this how you run your life, just give up after minimal effort?

Your life, your choice

If you arent Rage Quitting, you arent trying hard enough.

OP, if you want to quit over 16oz, go for it. *double checks this isnt the motivation and support board* Yup, im good.

Enjoy your journey!!

Quitter.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    give up?

not in my vocabulary.

lol, safe-words are for wimps

then you aren't playing hard enough.
  • yoovie
    Options
    give up?

not in my vocabulary.

lol, safe-words are for wimps

then you aren't playing hard enough.

2points
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've lost 75 pounds. Do you really think that I didn't have any weeks where the scale went up? Or WEEKS where it didn't move? Or how about that five pounds I gained over the holidays thanks to my MIL's awesome southern home cooking? It happens. It's called life. Weight loss isn't linear.

If you want to give up, then give up. You will accomplish nothing but failure by giving up.

Or......Find something that is sustainable long term and you won't have anything to give up. It will be a lifestyle. :flowerforyou:

QFT :flowerforyou:
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey, some people on here seem to be very negative and there is really no need. It can be disheartening to have put in massive effort and not see results. Even though you did not see results on the scale I bet you feel better having exercised and eaten better. Please dont give up because if you keep going your clothes will fit better and you will feel mentally better too in no time, you can do it , just give your body time.

I would agree, however they may not mean it the way we are reading it. It is better to encourage someone to keep going than tell them they are in the wrong for being upset and trying to find some support/help. All those who have posted encouraging words I appreciate it, and those that point out yes our weight can fluctuate by up to 4/5 lbs in one day alone, please ignore the number on a scale.

I know I'm going to get some blasting back at this post but everyone needs to realize that though you are being straight forward about your thoughts on their attitude it does come across as very negative and harsh on someone who is struggling. They may be new to weight loss in general and not realize that weight changes depending on so many factors, they may be having an already bad day and this just added to it and they needed to get it out there. Or they may just need some new tips of changing up exercise and such.

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar (though I'm not sure why we would want to catch bees other than to make our own honey and not have to buy it)
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options

i cant even

Nobody's perfect! OP needs our support at this difficult time. I for one am not going to turn my back on him, we're all on this gurney together!
  • mybiketrip
    Options
    OP - It looks like you've already lost 17 lbs. That's awesome. The last few pounds are the hardest to get ride of. It took my 6 months to shred the remaining 10 lbs, but then I gained it back. It was frustrating, but I'm back at it and I will get down there again. Weight loss takes more and more patience as you become more and more successful with it.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm under my caloric intake for the week, working my butt off exercising, weighing my flipping food, and I gained a pound in the last week. What the frick?!? All this compromise and work for nothing.

Ready to give up...

Here's what I kinda focused on.
    Hello all,

I am a 5'7" medium frame male. I weigh 164 lbs, down from 179.5 lbs. My weight loss goal is 1 lb./week. My recommended MFP calorie intake is 1480, down from 1510 and 1550. So far, so good.

But I keep going back and forth on what my end goal weight should be; 155? 150? 145? 143?

All suggestions are appreciated.

OK, not the part, where you don't know what your goal weight should be.... But, the part where you are 164 lbs, and expect to lose 1 lb per week. I think what you may be missing here is.... it's not easy, and probably not too smart to try to 'force' the last few lbs off your body. I'm down around 10 lbs over my initial goal weight.... and I've been pretty much just been floating around there, for some time now. The 1st thing I did, was reset my profile / goal to lose 0.5 lbs per week. Because, I don't think it's realistic to try to lose a lb a week, when you're that close to your goal weight. It just doesn't feel right to me.

There's no harm in leaving your goals the way they are in MFP.... but IMHO.... don't expect the weight to keep falling off at the end, like it might have been in the beginning. In other words. Chill out.
  • yoovie
    Options

i cant even

Nobody's perfect! OP needs our support at this difficult time. I for one am not going to turn my back on him, we're all on this gurney together!

NO - I CANT EVEN... YOU GAVE HIM MY FLOWER. YOU SAID THAT FLOWERWASFORME!