Have You Read Your Ingredient Lists Lately?

Options
124»

Replies

• VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think the thing that has somewhat worried me in the past is how some of the long chemically sounding names actually just translate to wood. Wood in food. But I still eat it anyway because YOLO and nothing is keeping me away from my deathly unnatural instant coffee mixtures.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    op_will_deliver.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    did OP ever come back?
  • RivenV
    Options
    did OP ever come back?

e5e.gif
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    A little bit of vigilance and/or awareness is a good thing, however, it is important not to become an alarmist about things that are likely harmless.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So much natural fallacy.

Something created by people must be evil! Whereas everything in nature was DESIGNED for us to eat!

Why are man made drugs ok, but chemicals in food not?

A lot of the chemicals in food are there to help with things like food spoilage. Making food safer to eat...
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love chemicals in my food. Especially if it contains 8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide (C18H27NO3) :bigsmile:

I just took a big bite out of this organic apple, and thought to myself, "this is ok, but if only there were a little 8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide (C18H27NO3) I could dip this in, now that would be so much more satisfying!"

Well I dunno about an apple... But I love it on chicken!

ETA: C18H27NO3 is Capsaicin, AKA the stuff that makes peppers spicy.
  • RivenV
    Options
    I love chemicals in my food. Especially if it contains 8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide (C18H27NO3) :bigsmile:

I just took a big bite out of this organic apple, and thought to myself, "this is ok, but if only there were a little 8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide (C18H27NO3) I could dip this in, now that would be so much more satisfying!"

Well I dunno about an apple... But I love it on chicken!

ETA: C18H27NO3 is Capsaicin, AKA the stuff that makes peppers spicy.
    b7f.jpg