Anybody else who doesn't eat salads / lettuce?

Options
2»

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a salad eater at all.... so I just don't eat them (well, most of them, I like a couple kinds). I'm doing just fine without them!
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    don't eat it i guess lol every suggestion i've had you don't like so -shrug-
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    GROSS

tumblr_mt4o25HXg31s7mdj8o8_250.gif
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    If you make smoothies you can add some spinach to it and all the other flavors will disguise. It's a win - win!! You get the nutrients without the taste!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i wish i liked baby spinach...
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I loveee lettuce. :P I put it on Tuna sandwiches, Turkey sandwiches, in wraps, on hamburgers. My favorite thing is too take some cut up boneless, skinless chicken breast and make a chicken salad with lettuce, ranch, and hot sauce.

But, I absolutely hate Romaine. I usually stick to Iceburg and raw spinach.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it why are you trying to eat it. I am all for trying new things but if you already clearly know you don't like something, why force yourself to eat it. There are plenty of other foods that will give you the same nutritional benefits.
  • narmowen
    narmowen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i wish i liked baby spinach...

I love baby spinach...drowned in blue cheese dressing. The spinach is filling when combined with fresh mushrooms, and the blue cheese dressing hides the flavour of any and all lettuce things I use. It's what I use as my bedtime snack. Low calories (for me, averages around 150) and keeps my stomach full until breakfast the next morning.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm not a real veggie fan, either, and I get tired of salads pretty quickly. What I do to mix it up a bit is slice a romaine heart in half lengthwise and grill it, then put my chicken, pork, or whatever on top of it and drizzle with either balsamic or some other dressing.

You don't have to eat lettuce, by the way...how about brussel sprouts? Asparagus? Anything? I grill these or roast them in my oven - drizzled in a little bit of olive oil and sprinkled with some coarse black pepper. It could be that you don't like RAW vegetables.

How about juicing and getting your greens in that way? Or soup, maybe?
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    What's the point of forcing yourself to like something you don't? I don't like any kind of lettuce, I do like spinach, but am just not big on salads. I love steamed veggies, so I just go with that. I don't want to force myself to eat things I don't like just because they might be healthy, there's no point to it... just my opinion.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    instead of dumping a ton of unhealthy stuff on lettuce to make it edible - just eat something else.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't eat salads. I don't like them. So I get my veggies in other ways.

There is no rule you have to eat salads - it's not required for weight loss or for health.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't eat salads. I don't like them. So I get my veggies in other ways.

There is no rule you have to eat salads - it's not required for weight loss or for health.

I actually order it out occasionally because I almost exclusively refuse to eat them at home. I LURV strawberry blueberry almond chicken salads. won't make it at home- total waste. so I waste my 10 dollars and order what is equivellent of a 3$ made at home salad.

I do not eat salads on a regular basis- too much work. which means- don't eat them if you don't want to. find another way to get what you need. (I eat green peppers and tomatoes every day because they are refreshing but I just slice them up and eat them... the rest of my greens come from veggies- omnomnomnomnom- bacon wrapped asparagus!)