How do I calorie count my homemade salad?

Options
I put this all together in a huge bowl and refrigerate it, then eat portions for lunch/supper for a couple of days.

1 bag if mixed salad greens
1 apple
2 avocados
Several mini sweet peppers
Several mini tomatoes
1 bag of dried cranberries or blueberries
½ sweet onion
Small bag of almonds.

I like the taste and the salad fills me up. Just not sure how to account for all of it by portions (i.e. cup)?
any suggestions?
thx

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Put the recipe in & divide by the number of servings.... ^^ Recipe Tab ^^
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You should be measuring everything so you can just look up each individual item. You could be eating more calories than you think. Measuring is a great way to keep your foods in check!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    "several" is not a measurement. weigh it or measure it. enter it all into the recipe tab as suggested. using the app, you can use your phone to scan the bar code. really easy!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    aaand you have already been answered with what i would have advised. Happy salad eating!
  • dirby01
    dirby01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks! just started using the website and had not discovered the recipe tool.
    ... now I can be specific, was probably eating more than I was estimating.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    LOVE the recipe tool! And if you're like most people, you tend to eat a lot of the same foods. So once you build the recipe, as long as you dont stray from it too much (you can add extra tomatoes, or a few extra cucumber slices!) then you just add in the food in your log by clicking receipe (if you've saved it) and type in how many servings. I love it-- I have about 20 'recipes' that I use all the time... even as simple as my favorite snack. (Saltine cracker, PB and a square of dark chocolate). I made it a 'recipe' and now I can just click in ' 2 of my favorite treat'.... GO RECIPE BUILDER!!! :happy:
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What?!?! I can scan bar codes?! I didn't know that. Thanks!