My name is Ron

Options
soze
soze Posts: 604 Member
Hi folks! Just getting started. I weigh 350 lbs and believe it or not have okay blood pressure and am not diabetic. However, at my weight that just won't hold true for long. I'm a 56 year old divorced father of 3 grown children.

My goal is to get in really good shape to play golf next year. I don't see myself reaching my goal weight next year but I think it is reasonable to get to better golfing shape. I walk or hike about 15 miles a week. I've been exercising since January 2010 with some breaks for studying for the CPA exam. I'm done with that now.

One thing I have learned this year is that yeah exercise is great but you need to watch your calories if you want to lose weight.

Best wishes all.

Replies

• gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey Ron! You can do this! Good luck on your journey! And congrats on making the decison to lead a healthier lifestyle!
  • Lisatru62
    Options
    Good luck to you Ron and wow on the 15 miles a week. I'm still trying to work up to 30 minutes of walking three times per week which I'm sure is no where near 15 miles. You will like MFP, its a very supportive group.
  • TheSuperSaiyan
    Options
    Hi Ron. =D
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ron! Good luck on your journey! sounds like you have an awesome attitude about losing weight. I know you will love MFP. I like the fact that it is slow and easy because you are able to develop the habits that will last you a life time and keep you healthy! Add me as a friend if you would like too! :)
  • debbhave
    Options
    Good luck Ron. I just joined Weight Watchers and really want to loose weight. It is so hard. I started about a month ago and have only lost 5 pounds. But I think fiber is one of the answers. plenty of water and exercise. I just bought a pedometer and am counting my steps. My new thing is every step I make counts for a better me. I quit smoking 157 days ago. It was the hardest thing I ever did because i loved smoking but know it is so bad for me. Good luck and let me know how youy make out on loosing weight. Yes, you need too if you weigh 300 lbs. but you can do it. God Bless!
    A new friend.
    Debbie
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Ron!!:smile:
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    Welcome Ron! Good luck & what a great start to have an exercise plan already in place. This is a very helpful site,