Another TDEE question - Muy Confused!

Options
Ok. So question. My TDEE is 2365 so I should net 1892 Calories, right? (although MFP has me at netting 1200) How in the world do you do that in a healthy way?? I feel like I eat alot and my calories are normally around 1200. Im so confused. I need to eat 600 more calories a day? Thats like a Big Mac... hey can I eat Big Macs again? Wait thats what got me fat in the first place! lol Seriously though..... what are good, not gross, food that adds calories but wont blimp me up! I want to lose some pounds! Inches are nice and all, and im happy with my progress so far, but seeing that scale go down sure would be nifty...

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Ok. So question. My TDEE is 2365 so I should net 1892 Calories, right?

On the TDEE plan, it's not "netting", its just the amount you eat. The "netting" thing is a mathematical artifact of the "eat back exercise" approach MFP was designed to follow. If you're following the TDEE - X% approach, ignore any mention of "net".
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    You should eat 1892. TDEE should cover your exercise calories so eating 1892 would be your net automatically. Don't pay attention to what the net says on here because like I said, your TDEE is covering exercise calories already. Subtracting them from your 1892 would actually be double the exercise, if you understand?

Just eat 1892, at the end of the day xD
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    1892 would be a 20% deficit if you do the amount of exercise you estimated when you figured out your TDEE. So, aim for that number every day and disregard your calories burned through exercise.
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot! :)