Binged everyday this week . Is something wrong with me

Options
Everyday this week ive been 1000+ over my calorie limit . Im so hungry all the time and i just DONT KNOW WHY . Mfp calculated that i need 1580 a day for a 2 lbs loss a week . 1750 for 1 1/2 loss . And 2000 for a 1 lbs Loss a week . None of rhose amount of calories seem to be enogh for me and im always eating 3000+ a day . Advice ? Anyone else having this similar problem?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    You are a young man. I'm sure you need more than 1580 calories. If you need advice about how what you are eating might be affecting how hungry you are, you will need to open your diary.
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You are a young man. I'm sure you need more than 1580 calories. If you need advice about how what you are eating might be affecting how hungry you are, you will need to open your diary.
    Yeah you could be right . But i also dont think mfp is wrong .. Because there calculations seem to work well for everyone else
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    No. Many of us have manually overridden our suggested calculations.

Do a quick forum search on TDEE, it may be the best choice for you.
  • donjessop
    donjessop Posts: 186
    Options
    No. Many of us have manually overridden our suggested calculations.

Do a quick forum search on TDEE, it may be the best choice for you.

Totally agree. Everyone I know on MFP have overridden the defaults and manually changed the percent of macro nutrients and the targeted numbers. TDEE all the way.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do my own calculations. I just use MFP as a app to use to what numbers I want. Are you losing weight with those calories? If so , stick with it. If not drop it down abut and go from there.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yup I've over-ridden the macros too. I guarantee if you drop your carbs and raise your protein you will not feel so hungry. Give it a try. Protein with every meal with nuts for snacks (more protein and good fats)

I'm walking proof that it works

You'll be fine.
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    By the way OP, this may or may not help but I initially felt very empty and hungry trying to lose weight, so I googled foods that make you feel full and have introduced some of them into my diet (there are many). I also drink water all day, particularly if I feel "empty". Mind you I am careful to eat a healthy variety of food to make sure I'm not starving myself too.

Protein in general has been recommended as something that turns off hunger more efficiently than carbs and fats. I don't pretend to understand the science behind this, but I have found it to work for me.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    If you're eating 1000 over your limit and you're set at 2 pounds a week then you'd be eating at maintenance. That's NOT A BINGE.
  • bvincentelp
    bvincentelp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No idea what you are eating as your diary is not open. You may be sucking up too many empty calories that is not filling or drinking useless calories. Eat lots of vegetables - not many calories and filling, also get plenty of protein and drink lots of water.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You're going to be at least a little hungry in a calorie deficit. You're not giving your body the energy intake it's demanding, hence you're losing weight. People seem to over look that part.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    2000 is probably about right. Open your diary so we can see what and when you're eating.

You need to exercise self control and discipline. This will never work without it.
  • technobunny
    Options
    No idea what you are eating as your diary is not open. You may be sucking up too many empty calories that is not filling or drinking useless calories. Eat lots of vegetables - not many calories and filling, also get plenty of protein and drink lots of water.

This.
  • andyhat1027
    Options
    I would guess that the issue is what you are eating. I used to eat 2.5k to 3k calories every day and now I'm at about 1800 a day + lots of exercise. I find that I can get a good meal with ~500 calories + 200 for a beer :)

I have found vegetables helpful and I do like the taste of them but they don't really keep me full (personally). I've found that a higher protein diet has been helpful in keeping me full. The other thing is staying busy. When I'm just sitting around at home, I find it easy to go grab a snack (which I am not hungry for at all).

If you don't mine routines, try one out. I tend to make something different each day for dinner but every breakfast, I make a smoothie (1 cup soy milk, 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup grapes (+ soy protein optional)). I find it surprisingly filling as it should be since it's in the 400 calorie range. I make a sandwich each day (wheat, pastrami, pesto, avocado)....

Anyway, the other thing I'd like to point out is that small changes over time will yield better results. All things in moderation :)
  • andyhat1027
    Options
    You're going to be at least a little hungry in a calorie deficit. You're not giving your body the energy intake it's demanding, hence you're losing weight. People seem to over look that part.

I disagree with this. This could be true if you are only dieting but with good regular exercise, you can eat plenty and not be hungry. If I'm hungry, I eat. The one part of this though is that the "I can't eat any more" feeling is not the same as "I'm not hungry". I try to stay comfortably full and not get to that "food coma" level every time I eat (though sometimes I still do :) )
  • rickversteeg7
    Options
    Maybe you have a problem with compulsive eating? I do. You might read some overeaters anonymous literature.