Finally! My Success Story! One Year Later! PICS

TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
edited September 22 in Success Stories
It took nearly one year for me to loose over 60 pounds and surpass my goal weight. My fitness pal is amazing! I am so grateful for it and the amazing people on this board! I also had the support of family and friends and I couldn't have done it without them either.

I set my goal as higher then I actually wanted since I had little faith in my ability to loose weight. And it was an uphill battle. I have several autoimmune issues that literally made every lost pound a gem. I would loose a pound every few weeks and it was incredibly discouraging. No matter what I did, it did not change how my body clung to every ounce. But I did stick to it. Even though I wasn't loosing weight, I knew that I was doing the right thing for my body eating healthy and it was the least I could do since my body was already so sick.

After SIX MONTHS counting calories I started loosing weight. Slowly. 5 pounds here. Then 10. Then 15. Before I knew it I had hit the 9 month mark of my new healthy lifestyle and hit my goal weight as well. Now I'm a month before my one year mark and 20 pounds below my goal weight. Never thought this would have ever happened with every obstacle I've had in the past year. I'm so grateful for a website like this especially since now, my husband is using it to participate in a work bet (who can loose the most weight before Christmas!) and hopes to get into a healthier lifestyle too!

Starting Weight: 185
Ending Weight: 116

Measurements: Bust - 35 Waist - 25 Hips - 34

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Congrats Tara. You are just as beautiful as ever. But then again, you've always been beautiful in my eyes. Thank you for also helping me complete my journey. It was fun while it lasted.
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Wow! You look great! You also look like a much happier person! Great job. I especially applaud you for not using your autoimmune issues as an excuse and just going for it! I'm in a similar situation and I just have to remind myself I have no excuses I am my own success!
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Way to GO!!! Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing it with us! :flowerforyou:
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Awesome job! An inspriation!
  • jenn_18
    jenn_18 Posts: 32
    wow!! you look fantastic!! Your story was such an encouragement to me today!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
  • zoner
    zoner Posts: 1
    CONGRATULATIONS! You are an inspiration...
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    you look great. awesome job. congrats
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    GREAT JOB! you look awesome!
  • alliz
    alliz Posts: 7
    awesome job and a great inspriation!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    great job! You look beautiful in both before and afters...but you look so much happier and healthier in the after shot!:flowerforyou:
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Two thumbs up chica!
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Fantastic! You look phenomenal!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Congrats, achieving your goals. You look great.
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Congratulations..... I am speechless ...WOW
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Wow! You are amazing! Great job. You are a great motivation to all.
  • That is sooo great! you are very much so an inspiration! Great job!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 198 Member
    Nicely done! One day at a time and before you know it your goal in within reach. Congratulations..you look great!

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Congratulations! You look awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Inspiration!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Wow! You look amazing! Congratulations! Your story is very inspiring, keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!