breakfast.

Options
jenniferkaye22
jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
I don't eat breakfast some days because I dont have "make" the time to eat when I have to work. What are some quick but healthy things to eat for breakfast? Also what are some things to eat for breakfast when i don't have to get up so early?

Replies

• coffee4me57
    Options
    I like smoothies, quest bars, overnight oatmeal in a jar (Tervis Tumbler), egg cups made in muffin tins and frozen, peanut butter toast
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I have Greek yogurt and coffee most mornings before work.

You could also find some make-ahead breakfasts that you can make in a batch. Things like overnight oatmeal or breakfast burritos can be made in batches for the week when you have some free time on the weekends.
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are awesome, especially if you have a big cup with a lid so you can take them with you if you need to run out the door. :smile:
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was going to second freezer burritos and breakfast sandwiches. You can take a hour or so to put together a dozen or so and then freeze them to eat when you don't have a lot of time in the morning. Just pop one in the microwave and its ready to go!
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What about oatmeal? High on fiber and it only takes about 2 minutes to make. I like to add a 1/4 tsp of honey, cinnamon and if I have time I'll cut up strawberries.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Before you go to sleep make a parfait with greek yogurt, some sliced fruit [strawberries, bananas, apples] or berries, and peanut butter or granola.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a piece of fruit and a cheese stick, eaten during your commute. You can also make breakfast sandwiches pretty quickly -- scramble or hard-fry an egg, slap it on an English muffin with a slice of deli ham. There aren't really many options that take literally no time, but stuff you can either grab and eat all at once or put together in less than five minutes isn't particularly challenging to find at breakfast.
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast some days because I dont have "make" the time to eat when I have to work. What are some quick but healthy things to eat for breakfast? Also what are some things to eat for breakfast when i don't have to get up so early?

Instant oatmeal, banana,apple,peanut butter toast,granola bars
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I often don't have the time especially if my kids have been hanging off me & I have to go to work. I just grab a breakfast bar, something that is REALLY quick that I can shove down.
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I work I normally either drink a carnation instant breakfast or eat a plain onion bagel that you find in the refrigerated section. When I don't work I either have a egg/cheese sandwich, cereal, oatmeal, eggs and turkey bacon. Sometimes I will make oatmeal the night before and eat it in the morning. If I'm craving something sweet and chocolate I will make plain oatmeal and add hot chocolate mix to it. Tastes pretty good.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I've been on a protein-pancake kick ever since I put Cinnabun Protein powder in low-sugar pancake mix. Plus I found I could eat just about as much whipped butter on it as I wanted since the rest of the day my fat grams were relatively low.:love: And I've been known to roll them up and eat them like "flautas"...yum good....in traffic.

However, I see you don't have a lot of time..,...what about making a PBJ Sammy & eating it in the car?

I've also made microw old-fashioned cinnamon oatmeal in a 4-cup glass container (microw on 40% power for 4 min, doesn't boil over ) while I was getting ready....then ate it in the car as it doesn't drip off the spoon and the container is easy to set in the lap. Also, glass is better than plastic since it holds the heat therefore oatmeal stays warm. AS a matter of fact, I did this for several cold winters, never once had a mishap. (You could always keep a medium-sized towel in the car to cover your lap while noshing:bigsmile: )
  • jenniferkaye22
    jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank yall sooo much!! I was thinking oatmeal but I like all of yalls ideas!! I will have to hide the breakfast bars because my husband would probably eat them throughout the day and sneak them when im not at the house (a whole bag of chocolate disappeared by the time I got home from work and I had some chewy bars and they were gone in less than a week) of course he doesn't gain weight no matter what he eats and how much. Lucky!
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Alot of quick breakfast items are high in sugar and carbs with little protein or fat, which in my experience always makes me hungrier. Look for anything that is high protein and has good fats, it doesn't even have to be typical breakfast food. Sometimes I will have a tin of tuna. Greek yoghurt and a couple of boiled eggs which you could make on the weekend and have ready just to grab are pretty handy :)
  • hmz74
    hmz74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Exactly the same question i was needing to ask.
  • lovelygirls
    Options
    At the weekend stew some apples with a hand full of raisons and some cinnamon and have that cold with some fat free Greek yogurt. Yummy. Also I really like to scramble an egg with some spring onions (takes 2 minutes) and have it in a soft tortilla with some salsa.... Oh yeah!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I pack all my food the night before. Sometimes I've got yogurt for breakfast, sometimes just some sort of granola bar, or cereal. I keep a carton of unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my work's communal fridge.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing pretty much every morning. I have a turkey bacon sandwich and it's delicious. It only takes about 5 minutes to make too (and that includes clean up!). While toasting a whole grain English muffin I saute two slices of turkey bacon. I put that on the English muffin with some ketchup and eat. Yummy. Sometimes I'll fry an egg alongside the bacon.

Some days I'll have scrambled eggs on toast.

Or fruit and yogurt.

All of these things are really fast, it's just a matter of keeping the ingredients in the house.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, fruit, Greek yogurt, quest bars, almonds, quick oats you can make in 1 minute in the microwave.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Toast with a slice of cheese and turkey breast, chicken or ham takes me about 1 minute to make, and another minute to eat. Good rounded mix of protein, carbs and fat to kick start your day. Is 2 minutes too long for you?