Lowering sugar intake

Options
How do you keep your sugar intake low? I can't seem to avoid sugar! All my "snacks" make me go over my goal amount of sugar!

What snacks do you eat that are low in sugar ?
Thanks!

EDIT: also I am trying to avoid artificial sweeteners as well.

Replies

• asdfghjkllauuuur
    Options
    Do you eat a lot of fruit? Because i do and i allllways go over my sugar amount. But fruit sugar is good sugar. If you dont eat a lot of fruit and it's just refined sugar, you should just start eating more proteins and fats. Eat more things like lean meat, eggs, nuts, vegetables, yogurt, etc.
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MFP's sugar allotment is REALLY low... so dont feel TOO bad if you go over every day. lol
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Just worry about processed sugar and you'll be fine.
  • ToniannGums
    Options
    Okay makes me feel a little better! Haha

I love fruits but was scared of the sugars in them but now that I know it's good sugar I shall indulge!! Lol

I have such a picky diet it's ridiculous ! The only meat I will eat is boneless chicken . And I don't like eggs either . I wish I Iiked more foods , losing weight would be so much easier ! And the fact I have the biggest sweet tooth ever doesn't help! I just had a c section the beginning of September so I REALLY need to lose the extra weight !!!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Why are you avoiding sugar? Do you have insulin resistance or some other medical reason for doing so? If not, eat however much sugar you want. You do realize that almost everything you eat has some kind of sugar in it, right? Even veggies and lean meats.
  • ToniannGums
    Options
    Just trying to lose weight is all , not medically necessary. And yeah I realize that just seems like I am going so high over my goal sugar
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Why are you avoiding sugar? Do you have insulin resistance or some other medical reason for doing so? If not, eat however much sugar you want. You do realize that almost everything you eat has some kind of sugar in it, right? Even veggies and lean meats.

Americans in particular eat an unhealthy amount of sugar. I'm not saying I don't, just saying.

http://www.facethefactsusa.org/facts/the-sweet-life-and-what-it-costs-us
  • kayla0037
    Options
    Like others have said, if you are getting most of your sugar from fruits, it's not a big deal. Fruits are good for you!! Try to get an adequate amount of veggies in your diet, as they make you feel full and have little to no sugar. Whenever you have a craving, grab an apple!
  • ToniannGums
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice (: