Any Pals on Here who EAT?!

Options
Hey guys! I'm not necessarily new, but I am still looking for some support on MFP. My name is Melissa, and I live in Florida. I'm 25, 5'8", and weigh around 150-153 (depending on the day). I'd like to lose maybe 10-15 more lbs, and need to tone a LOT.

I'm looking for friends on here who aren't necessarily in my age bracket, or who live near me, or even have the same goals as me. What I have been noticing in my news feed with my current MFP friends is that they are not EATING. I'd like to add some friends on here who lift, and know the importance of fueling their body.

Anyone want to add me? I log every day and need some like-minded pals to join me on this journey. :)

Replies

• lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I eat up to and around 1850/2000 calories on five days a week and 500 cals on two days a week but I'm doing the 5:2 diet which I find is sustainable. It works, my diary is open.
  • MrAitch64
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

I just joined this week and getting ready to make a start on my goals next week.

My plan is similar to yours. I'm looking to eat 6-7 meals a day while working out up to 5 times a week. My weight training won't be heavy duty as I've only got a set of dumbbells at home and can't afford the price of gym membership over here in the UK.

I don't have a major problem with my weight it's the Beer Belly that I hate so I am looking to loose fat rather than weight.

Hope we can help each other.

Kev
  • melissa_dahmer
    melissa_dahmer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Kev,

Thanks for the response. I know what you mean about the beer belly--I am definitely working on ridding myself of extra baggage around my midsection as well. Just received your request and will add you! :)

-Mel
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) I eat and enjoy eating very much.... I'm currently eating at a surplus for strength gains and doing Stronglifts 5x5, although I'm not tracking. I'm gaining weight at the intended rate (i.e. around 0.5lb a week or a little less than that) so I'm continuing to not track. Just focusing on getting all the nutrition my body needs to build muscles. :drinker:
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

I just joined this week and getting ready to make a start on my goals next week.

My plan is similar to yours. I'm looking to eat 6-7 meals a day while working out up to 5 times a week. My weight training won't be heavy duty as I've only got a set of dumbbells at home and can't afford the price of gym membership over here in the UK.

I don't have a major problem with my weight it's the Beer Belly that I hate so I am looking to loose fat rather than weight.

Kev

Sorry to jump in. But if you have a pure gym anywhere near you they are £19 a month with no tie in period, you want to quit you just cancel the DD. Might not be of any use to you but thought I would mention it as I know most sit around the £50 mark in the UK.

Good luck :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy three times a week, and eat 1800 calories a day. Focused on building muscle at the moment and not stalling my strength gains.
  • jenk7356
    jenk7356 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey Melissa. I feel the same way. I would love to find MFP friends that log everyday and every meal. I see people either don't log or only log the good stuff. I've been logging for 50 days straight. I log the good and the bad, beer and cookies included! My average calories are between 1500-1900 a day and I work out 5-6 days a week. I'll send you an add.
  • MrAitch64
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

Kev

Sorry to jump in. But if you have a pure gym anywhere near you they are £19 a month with no tie in period, you want to quit you just cancel the DD. Might not be of any use to you but thought I would mention it as I know most sit around the £50 mark in the UK.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the tip, the nearest one to me is 30 miles away. We've got plenty in the town where I live but as you say I would be looking at around the £50 mark. The council run gym is reasonable but full of steroid fed idiots.

The dumbbells will serve me well while I get going and maybe invest in more equipment later.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I eat :) I am doing a low-carb diet right now so I need motivation
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I lift (not very heavy right now- restarting after babies) but I eat around 2k a day.
  • melissa_dahmer
    melissa_dahmer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds, guys! :D
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Currently bulking, eating 2400+ calories a day, lifting heavy and trying to fit in some running as well.
  • rachael1805
    rachael1805 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm learning about fuelling my body rather than restricting calories- hard to get your head around when you've only ever heard the opposite- still tweaking mine but think it's going to sit somewhere around 1800-2000. Requested you!
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    << I Def. eat But i'm still losing ....add me
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Some people's circumstances are different. I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day (when I'm doing things right) because I burn very few calories (I'm extremely small at 145cm). So if I eat 1200 calories on a day without exercise, I actually WILL NOT lose anything. Sometimes you should just keep that in mind I guess..
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat. This week I have been eating cake almost every night as well as all the healthy stuff.

However, I am serious about losing weight and earn my cake by exercising for the extra calories. I am trying to get better about meeting all my macro requirements, as I'm still learning how to eat right. I always love friends who are active on MFP and real about their eating and workouts.

49298353.png
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Seeing the words "dahmer" and "EAT" in a thread title makes me feel awkward.
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    I eat. I am trying to lift. I work out as much as I can.

Add me if youd like.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat. Quite well.
    I don't currently log my calories, but do talk about my meals, often.

I don't eat a lot of processed convenience foods but do eat a lot of meals, and as part of that and my lifestyle, a lot of fruits, vegetables, whole foods, and delicious recipes (that hubs makes).

I also drink wine, run, lift, do pilates and walk a lot (and cycle).

If you think you'd like to read about my days and chat with me about our journeys, add me. :smile: