Does anyone like ab workouts?

Options
2»

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the prone jackknife! It is amazing! But, like others have said, if you don't like them, then don't do them. :) It's not really necessary, unless you want abs. Just do other exercises to strengthen your core...or not. Lol.
  • RonW956
    RonW956 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much it. Just wondering if anyone actually enjoys doing abdominal exercises. I'd rather run 10 miles than do 5 minutes of crunches. I cannot get motivated, I'll think about it and stare at the floor but I never get down there and do any crunches. Any tips on ow to get some inspiration?

Just look up George hood on you tube setting the worlds record longest plank.... I think it was like what? 3 hours? Ya got to have a body of steel to do that.... well after I've seen him on you tube it pretty much inspired me to start doing planks.. try it...
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I actually do like them, more the strong kick butt feeling I get from them and when my abs are sore as in I can feel them I love it. It gives me an accomplished feeling so even the hardest days are worth it. It's not about a six pack for me, just about feeling strong. :)
  • JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love the Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack dvd. It is only about 25 minutes and she does quite a variety of different crunches, ab strengthening moves on it. She has you go through all the moves once and then the same moves again but at a faster pace for 2 rounds of each exercise. If the moves are too easy with each one she tells you how to add weight or make the move more difficult. It's one of my favorites.
  • cinnabear22
    cinnabear22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of an Ab DVD also. Might be fun to try. I tried the stair climber to nowhere today to get motivated. It worked, it kicked my butt too!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    No I do not like doing straight abs or other core exercises but I do them anyway because they help me with other lifts.
    So I add them in twice a week.
    Certainly has helped stabilize my core when doing squats and deadlift.