quick filling food to go

Options
ambee0803
ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
Anybody have some good ideas for some low-fat/calorie/carb easy snacks/meals that are easy to take to work/school? They need to be really filling too...i'm always starving!

Replies

• ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Anybody have some good ideas for some low-fat/calorie/carb easy snacks/meals that are easy to take to work/school? They need to be really filling too...i'm always starving!
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    my favorite is hummus or apples & peanut butter.. lots of water with Crystal light fills me up!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    A Fiber One bar. They're really good tasting, and very filling too. (you've just gotta watch out for those "side effects" about 4 to 6 hours later!) :laugh: :laugh:
  • joey16g
    joey16g Posts: 63
    Options
    South Beach Diet High Protein Bars work for me.
  • Mtproject
    Mtproject Posts: 2
    Options
    Almonds are good. A small handful (15-17) will satisfy you without wrecking your diet...sooooo good for you too!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Apples are fantastic!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    baby carrots and celery sticks work for me. All the fibrous chewing makes the food last longer so I feel like I ate more than I really did. Add a bit of light dressing for dip if you like.
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    ******This is an easy breakfast when you are in a hurry. I make them ahead of time, and put them in a zip lock bag to grab on my way out in the morning.

From The South Beach Diet Book

Breakfast Quiche
    300 grams (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
    3 eggs
    100 grams (4 oz) grated reduced fat cheese
    50 grams (2 oz) finely chopped green peppers (capsicum) optional
    50 grams (2 oz) finely chopped onions
    3 drops Tobasco sauce, optional

Squeeze and drain off as much liquid from the thawed spinach as you can.

Line 12 muffin tins with baking cases.

Combine the eggs, cheese, onions, spinach and Tabasco, mixing well. Divide evenly among the muffin cases. Bake at 180 Celsius (350 F) for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

These can be frozen and reheated or eat them cold.

Other reduced fat cheeses, such as Parmesan, feta or mozzarella can be used.

Serves 6

Per Serving:
    77 calories
    9 grams protein
    3 grams carbohydrates
    3 grams fat
    2 grams saturated fat
    160mg sodium
    10 mg cholesterol
    2 grams fiber
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Quaker weight control oatmeal. Cottage cheese with carrots, maybe a banana. Those are generally my breakfast options (often 2 of them). Sometimes I eat a whole wheat english muffin with some peanut butter.
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fiber one cereal (with water instead of milk) and blueberries. Sometimes strawberries. Sometimes a hard boiled egg. An easy open can of tuna. I can usually prepare and eat most anything with some forethought.
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Nuts nuts nuts

High cal
    Filling
    Good protein
    Easy to transport

Almonds (like an earlier post mentioned) are soooooo good for you. Sunflower seeds are pretty filling. "oilier" nuts like walnuts and cashews are pretty caloric.

Do make sure you measure. I fill a bunch of small ziplocs with 2 tbsp nuts and have them everywhere: purse, glove compartment . . .