How to get rid of the baby pouch???

Options
Okay so I have never been skinny. but I was happy with myself before I had kids. but the toll your body takes, getting all stretched out and all that weight gain. I just want my body back!

I gained 44lbs with my son. Then 11 months later, I was pregnant AGAIN! never lost all the weight from my son. I still carried an extra 20lbs when I found out I was pregnant.

So in FEB of 2010- I started trying to lose the weight. I was 187lbs when I started. I'm now 171lbs. 16lbs lost so far. I'm extremely happy, and just want to keep losing more.

But how on earth do I get rid of this pouch? everything is all stretched out, and jiggly, and would make a very comfy pillow. I just keep losing the weight everywhere else, but the most important part! The pouch!

I keep hearing CARDIO, CARDIO. Well that's all I do is CARDIO. Walking, riding bike, ellipitical, hiking. Which is great. and I couldn't feel better, now that I'm am exercising, and watching what I eat. But all I want is to lose the pouch!

How do I get rid of this pouch? Any suggestions?
I hear crunches will just form muscle behind the extra stuff. and cardio I'm losing my butt, and thighs. I have lost 16lbs, and only 1 inch from my waist. Shouldn't there be more?

Replies

• Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too! I understand what you mean, I have heard the stomach is the last to go. Why can't it be the first to go, right?
  • spambubbles
    spambubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I keep being told to do Pilates to help bring the pouch down. So far it's helped a little, but I haven't been working on it as long as you have ... I just had my baby in February.
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and babies!! I hear that the best thing for the stomach is the diet part. That's just what I've been told though.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I find a good aerobics class seems to hit the spot! Moves your body in ways that running and the eliptical machine can't.... but thats just my opinion...
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what your doing! I'm also loosing post baby weight and my pouch is the last thing to go, I lost it off everywhere else first , which was so annoying given that my tummy was the part that I was desperate to loose, but at last it is going. I'll never have a bikini tummy again, too many stretch marks and extra skin for that, but at least the fat is going from underneath it and now in clothes at least I have a flat smooth stomach.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    There are different ways to do cardio.

One of the best ways is a class like Turbo Fire. Jumping, moving around a lot. I have the SAME thing and it has been shrinking, slowly, but surely. My body fat percentage is going down where I measure my stomach. It's just a tiny pooch, but it's getting there. It takes time!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    i wanna know!
  • azuramaran
    Options
    I have always heard toning exercises and sculpting. though I have had no luck it seems the best results I have got so far was the sides are starting to be defined but in my opinion that makes my stomach stick out more!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well I can hide my pouch under my pants. I just wear them a bit high. But what drives me nuts, is when I'm naked, or even worse having sex. It just hangs out there, and jiggles. its horrible to look down and that's all you see when having sex. ERRRR

My husband doesn't ever say anything. he loves me the way I am. But it drives me in sane.

What about dancing? like Zumba video's or core Rythums. Anyone have sucess with that?
    Its hard to work out unless doing it as a family. So riding bike, and walks are great, because I'm not losing any time with my kids. And I also work full time, and have a part time job at night when the kids are in bed.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have never been skinny. but I was happy with myself before I had kids. but the toll your body takes, getting all stretched out and all that weight gain. I just want my body back!

I gained 44lbs with my son. Then 11 months later, I was pregnant AGAIN! never lost all the weight from my son. I still carried an extra 20lbs when I found out I was pregnant.

So in FEB of 2010- I started trying to lose the weight. I was 187lbs when I started. I'm now 171lbs. 16lbs lost so far. I'm extremely happy, and just want to keep losing more.

But how on earth do I get rid of this pouch? everything is all stretched out, and jiggly, and would make a very comfy pillow. I just keep losing the weight everywhere else, but the most important part! The pouch!

I keep hearing CARDIO, CARDIO. Well that's all I do is CARDIO. Walking, riding bike, ellipitical, hiking. Which is great. and I couldn't feel better, now that I'm am exercising, and watching what I eat. But all I want is to lose the pouch!

I hear crunches will just form muscle behind the extra stuff. and cardio I'm losing my butt, and thighs. I have lost 16lbs, and only 1 inch from my waist. Shouldn't there be more?

I am going to say something that most people probably won't agree with. LIPOSUCTION.

I have two kids gained 60 lbs with both and lost all 60 lbs with both. I exercised and strength trained every single day and lost every single pound. I did hundreds of crunches but could not get rid of my pouch. I did liposuction and never looked back. I did a lot of research before doing this but it was the best investment I have ever made.

If you go that route lose all of your weight first. The less fat they suck out the cheaper it is.

Congratulations on your babies!!! They do wreak havoc on the body but they are totally worth having !!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options

I am going to say something that most people probably won't agree with. LIPOSUCTION.

I have two kids gained 60 lbs with both and lost all 60 lbs with both. I exercised and strength trained every single day and lost every single pound. I did hundreds of crunches but could not get rid of my pouch. I did liposuction and never looked back. I did a lot of research before doing this but it was the best investment I have ever made.

If you go that route lose all of your weight first. The less fat they suck out the cheaper it is.

Congratulations on your babies!!! They do wreak havoc on the body but they are totally worth having !!

I think that is what I will have to resort to when I lose all of mine-or a tummy tuck. My babies were 10lbs and stretched me OUT!!!!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ugh the baby pouch, I honestly wonder if it ever goes away...Even when I lost all my weight after my second one was born I still had it.

I gained all the weight back.

This time around I"m doing cardio and bellydancing, and I can even with just 6 pounds gone (we had the same starting weight) tell a difference in my stomach.
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've had 6 kids and my lower stomach is severely scarred and the tissue is dead. I've not had C Sections to scar it, it's just dead. I'm about 155 when I get prego and 200 when I deliver every time.I've only been able to lose so much weight until it starts to hang really bad. I'd rather fill the skin with a little fat than have it hang. Finally, I think I have found a solution. Ab ripper from p90x. OMG, nothing works the lower belly like that. I am so sculpting like I never have before. I've done Pilates, Billy Blanks, Elipticals. I went on Graboid and downloaded p90x, Acacia, 30 day shred. I do 20 min. of one video a day and jog/walk 2 miles. It keeps the exercising from getting boring. Its working for me! Change it up.
  • jwulgaert
    jwulgaert Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My ex-wife is a RN and she constantly complained that the baby pouch would never go away mainly because ... and this is just what she said ... during pregnancy muscles in the stomach can separate and lose elasticity. That coupled with the extra skin means it's there for the foreseeable future.

Again just what the ex told me.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Oh I should have added that I've had to loose more than just the pregnancy lbs to get rid of the pouch. I was 11st 10 (164lbs) when I got pregnant, and when I got back to 164lbs I STILL had the pouch. I'm down to 11st 2 (156lbs) now and its almost gone. Our body shapes change due to pregnancy and sometime we need to go that extra mile to get it back again.
  • Aakmorak
    Options
    I've had 6 kids and my lower stomach is severely scarred and the tissue is dead. I've not had C Sections to scar it, it's just dead. I'm about 155 when I get prego and 200 when I deliver every time.I've only been able to lose so much weight until it starts to hang really bad. I'd rather fill the skin with a little fat than have it hang. Finally, I think I have found a solution. Ab ripper from p90x. OMG, nothing works the lower belly like that. I am so sculpting like I never have before. I've done Pilates, Billy Blanks, Elipticals. I went on Graboid and downloaded p90x, Acacia, 30 day shred. I do 20 min. of one video a day and jog/walk 2 miles. It keeps the exercising from getting boring. Its working for me! Change it up.

P90x ab ribber is awesome!!! Along with the entire series. I too downloaded all the workouts and I lost the weight quickly. And was feeling great about my stomache. I lost 24lb with p90x. Then I gained it all back when I stopped working out. I will never stop working out again once I lose this weight for the second time.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I am hoping Turbo Fire will get rid of my baby pouch. I am on my second month and have been losing weight. I know it takes time though, but wish it would hurry. I will be doing more Beachbody programs after Turbo Fire. TF is 5 months, with extended classes which I am going to be doing. I am going to be doing Insanity afterward or possible p90x. Depending on my condition.
  • Albrijen000
    Options
    Idk if any of that is true.... Unless of course the liposuction. Im 21 yrs old, i was pregnant at 16, my son is now 4. Besides that when i was pregnant at nine months i totalled 215ish lbs. Now thru the 4 yrs that passed since than, i droppd appx. 100 lbs. Im currently 118 lbs.... And i still have the POUCH! I am starting to believe that nothing is going to make it go awayy!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options

You need to add strength straining too, have you done the 30DS i had a c section 9 years ago, i went up to about 11stone when pregnant, i also had flabby skin, i have managed to get rid of all that, from doing the shred.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Oh I should have added that I've had to loose more than just the pregnancy lbs to get rid of the pouch. I was 11st 10 (164lbs) when I got pregnant, and when I got back to 164lbs I STILL had the pouch. I'm down to 11st 2 (156lbs) now and its almost gone. Our body shapes change due to pregnancy and sometime we need to go that extra mile to get it back again.

Me too! I am at the prepregnancy weight but def. dont have the same body I did before I had baby #2. :( Im currently doing the 30DS after seeing cowandmonkey and the results she got! :) I want her tummy! lol