Time to be honest.

Options
I'm gonna be blunt. As of yesterday, I weigh 325lbs. I hate it.

I need some people to add me who are willing to not "baby" me. I want a support system from strong people who will always be
there for me to tell me if I'm handling things in the right or wrong way.

So, if you fit the bill, add me as a friend. Everyone's welcome.

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi kh4leesi

I am already one of your friends.
    What I want to say is that friends are good, but at the end of the day its you who has to dig deep and find the motivation to change your life. We, as friends, can cheer you on, share in your adventures of progress and pain, but its you who has to metaphorically put one foot in front of the other.
    I am sorry that you are not feeling great about how much you weigh. Having been in your shoes, what I do know what worked for me was making the first steps. Getting more active, changing my diet, watching the calories and after that it was relatively easy. I was able to look back and wonder why I didn't do it before. Another thing that worked well for me was getting in a routine with my exercise. The endorphin rush of exercise is - well, there's nothing like it.
    The other thing I want to say is not to expect instant results. It takes a long time to change the bad eating or sedantary habits we inherited and maintained. Some days we do well, other days we fall down. Its all part of the warp and weave of life. Even if you take one step backward for every two forward, you are still progressing. Every effort you make leads you to progress. Keep your eyes on the big picture - long term health, happiness and longevity, and the weight should slowly but surely fall away.
    Wishing you all the best.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you'd like. I think I got defriended recently for being too blunt about a too low intake, so I guess you are prewarned.
  • CrystalKSU
    CrystalKSU Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm painfully aware of where you are coming from. And sadly regardless how many people, friends, acquaintances tell you you're not alone and have their support and prompting, you will probably feel alone facing a mountain to climb....and you are.

Which is not a bad thing.....as the Ben guy said above, it's your deal babe. It's you who will make the small changes, it is you who will reap the rewards. It will be your victory, just claim it one step at a time. I'm more than happy to put my foot up your *kitten* if that's what you want but sometimes we need to put our own foot up our own *kitten*. Not in a demeaning self-hating way... but with tough, honest self-love....because you have to know deep down you're worth it and damnit you are strong enough.

You're a good person with a specialness only you have. Let that confidence come with the little changes you make, don't force it.... you'll see.... just a few pounds at a time....it'll come.... good luck girl :)
  • pg1derful
    Options
    Like, like ,like.
  • biostat_lady
    biostat_lady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will add you. I'm trying to get back on tracking with healthy eating and exercising regularly. My diet hasn't been as bad as the lack of exercise. This is the first year in my life that I've ever tried to lose weight. I've been moderately successful, but it's such hard work and takes a lot of discipline. Let's support each other!