Want to make sure I'm on the right track!!

Ok, I have started this thread numerous times, but it think I have the courage to post it now!! I started my life change about the first of September. I have since lost about 22 lbs. 9 lbs of that was in one week and I am positive at least 6 lbs of that 9 was water weight as that was about the time I actually started drinking water and I started trying to lower my sodium. I still go over in sodium daily, but am doing better and I now drink half my body weight in oz of water a day. I'm not a fan of water, so I just chug multiple times a day! Lol. I feel I am truly sedentary, for the most part. I have three girls and a deployed husband and am exhausted all the time because kids are up throughout the night (though I have had more energy since starting this, so woohoo!), I do the usual housework, grocery shopping, running them to soccer and dance, but absolutely no "exercise". I am just making an effort to move more, as much as possible, just not set "exercise". Closest I come is a thirty day squat challenge I a. Halfway through, only because I love my legs and I enjoy strength stuff. I also have tried to lose weight my entire life and KNEW if I jumped in to a calorie reduction and working out at 300 lbs, I would NVER stick to it. I know myself and my limitations. I just wouldn't. So, I want to tackle my food issues and get that under control before throwing something else on there. One step at a time, to keep from getting overwhelmed. I will eventually work towards exercise, but I want to tackle food first.

Anyways, here are my stats:
Female
31 years young ;)
Start weight: at least 299, that is what I had logged, but I suspect it was a bit over
Current weight: 277
Goal weight: short term: 250, next: 200, long term: 180, super mega dream: 165
Calorie goal per day: 1400
Exercise : nill, none
Daily goals: stay within 100+ - calorie goals and move a little more each day.

So, after that novel, am I on the right track here? Like I said, I have tried this numerous times over the years, but I always jumped in balls to the walls and got quickly overwhelmed and stopped. I CANT do that anymore. I have three girls I need to set an example for!! I HAVE to change.

Any help, advice, constructive criticism would be appreciated!!!

Now I'm going to go run and hide in a corner!!!!!

Replies

• Are you hungry? At your current weight you'd certainly lose on more than that. If you're satisfied then stick with it --I'd eat more if I were you. I like the calculator at scoobysworkshop.com (google it) but that's just my perspective. Good luck!
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks for the response! :) I have my days where I am hungry, but for the most part not really! See, I wondered if I was eating the right amount. I grew up under the guise of "1200 a day to lose weight". But I am reading more and more that is just not the case, so I am kind of confused! Haha.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    seems reasonable, keep the protein up.

With a long way to go you can run a higher deficit and I see no reason to eat more.
  • Shooter219
    Awesome! Thank you!! :). That is what I was wondering, is with as much as I have to lose, if I was ok running a higher deficit!! I mean, I'm obviously not a body builder and my body has TONS of fat stores to feed off of!! Lol!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    If you're happy where you are and losing then stick with it. You can always re evaluate as you go and change up your numbers.
  • Shooter219
    Good deal!! I feel much better about where I'm at now! Thanks you guys! There is such conflicting information out there it can be confusing!