Pictures prove it -- body weight isn't everything

Options
leebesstoad
leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
I was training with my trainer today. Towards the end of the session, I realized that I was wearing the same clothes I had worn months ago when he had taken a progress picture of me. The clothes felt a lot looser now. So he pulled them up on his cell phone. OMG. That doesn't begin to describe it.

I remembered the before pictures were taken on March 16 (just before I went on vacation). So just a bit less than 7 months ago. But the really amazing thing is that my weight in the March pictures was 176.

tumblr_muk6x7Vnab1r2sbmqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_muk6x7Vnab1r2sbmqo3_500.jpg

Now compare that to pics taken today. But the most amazing thing is that today's weight is 153. Only 23 pounds less. To me, it looks visually like a lot more than 23 pounds difference.

tumblr_muk6x7Vnab1r2sbmqo2_500.jpg

tumblr_muk6x7Vnab1r2sbmqo4_500.jpg

I haven't lost any "weight" in almost 2 months. But I've noticed a lot of changes in my body definition, body fat being lost, muscle being added. So it isn't all about the scale, all about the weight. These pictures proved that to me, more than anything ever had before.

But I look at the side view of the March photo, and all I can think of is the line of President Skroob in Spaceballs: "WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME MY *kitten* WAS SO BIG"?

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Awesome change, Lee!
  • fishfish3
    fishfish3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    great job! Thanks for sharing!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Excellent success! Keep it up!
  • gussied_up_girl
    gussied_up_girl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Great transformation and good info for those who are obsessed with the numbers!!

WTG :drinker:
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Ten years younger, vibrant and FIT!!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    wow, you're right, that looks like a lot more than 23 lbs! congrats!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wow, great progress! And I love that this is a great example of -- it's not all just the scale :smile:

Congrats!
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    amazing change!!! congrats!
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Amazing change! You can see all of your hard work. You look so much younger and happier in the updated pics.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    WOW!! The transformation is INCREDIBLE!!!!!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't care what my scale says. It is all about the inches for me.

Great job. You are doing well.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow there really is a huge difference! I hope you feel as much better now as you look, too! Congrats!
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Ten years younger, vibrant and FIT!!

My thoughts too! Looking great!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    But I look at the side view of the March photo, and all I can think of is the line of President Skroob in Spaceballs: "WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME MY *kitten* WAS SO BIG"?

Your before-and-after pictures were already full of epic win. The fact that you quoted this awesome line from Spaceballs pushed you to a higher level of awesome. Mad props to you, Sir! :laugh: :drinker:
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look so different. The change is astonishing and a testament to your hard work.
    Thanks for sharing
    xxx
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome.....how much did u monitor your diet?
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!