I ripped my favorite jeans!

Options
Yes, I did. they got all worn in the thighs because my thighs happened to get a little thicker, so that's it!

Hey all. i'm Dominique. I'm 22 and I'm trying to get my butt into shape! (Literaly and figurativly=P) Any other time I've tried to do this, I've had a serious lack of self-control. Usualy by the end of the day I'm over it and hungry so I just pig out. And I have NO MOTIVATION to work out, until I start, then I never want to stop.

So that's a little about me!:glasses:

Replies

• TammyMFerrara
    Options
    I hate walking with a PASSION but having a mp3 with your favorite music and a good protein boost before you go helps!
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Your post made me smile...cause I've had this happen to me too! And I so understand about the end of the day eating....

Welcome to MFP. You can do this. We are all here to support.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Welcome!! I would hang up those jeans somewhere I can see them everyday as motivation to exercise and eat well and never rip a pair of jeans again!
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!!
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    I can relate to everything you said! This website is great though...get some friends on here that you can vent to when willpower is escaping you.
  • whetzel3141
    Options
    I too have ripped a pair of jeans! But it happened to me in the cafeteria of my daughter's school and I had to sit there and figure out how I was going to get out of there with no one seeing. I was mortified! I vow that no matter how long it takes, I will NEVER do that again. You are no alone and we will lose the weight.

I also hate working out with a passion, I was a certified couch potato. Until I joined this site, I did NOTHING and was so tired. I have worked out 16 days in a row and I can say honestly that I feel so much better. I also have so much more energy. Just get the exercise in anywhere you can. Even if you can only do it in 10-15 minute increments, it all adds up.

Congrats on joining and you will do great! Good luck!
  • mrsoverload
    Options
    I ripped so many jeans and pants i can't even remember. Two weeks ago, i went to sit in my car and that was it for 1 of the 2 that i had left since i am not going to buy new big ones - new small ones of hell yes! Right now my work pants showing signs of going the same way but i'm working on it THANKS FOR MYFITNESSPAL and my special buddy rebecca that i report to every morning regarding workout (that gives me a big push) - i'm getting there.
  • mrsoverload
    Options
    I ripped so many jeans and pants i can't even remember. Two weeks ago, i went to sit in my car and that was it for 1 of the 2 that i had left since i am not going to buy new big ones - new small ones of hell yes! Right now my work pants showing signs of going the same way but i'm working on it THANKS FOR MYFITNESSPAL and my special buddy rebecca that i report to every morning regarding workout (that gives me a big push) - i'm getting there.

YOU CAN DO IT TOO - BIT BY BIT - 20min walking is more than enough for starters
    GOOD LUCK
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Good luck sticking with it! That's the hardest part but I find logging on MFP everyday really helps - feel free to add me as a friend if you want motivation/support. You can do this:)

I also hated exercise when I joined here (total couch potato) - I started with walking 5 mins once or twice a day. Hated it, but figured I could endure just a few mins here or there. Then I got a mini trampoline (lots more fun than walking) - same thing - 5 or 10 mins when ever I could fit it in. Now, it's 6 months later, and I am completely addicted, doing 45 mins cardio every other day, weight lifting 2x's a week. Just stick with it, do a little each day - it will get easier and more enjoyable. Best of luck!!
  • dominique_lee
    Options
    Thanks All! I'm already feeling the love!

SO EXCITED!