Pictures prove it -- body weight isn't everything

Options

Replies

• sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You look much younger now! Which is cool because sometimes losing weight in the face can have the opposite effect. Don't discount 23 lbs!! That's fantastic!
  • mikej1978
    mikej1978 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Did you get a hair cut? LOL, jk you look good man! looks like you are 10 years younger.
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! And what a great reminder to not obsess about what's on the scale. You obviously focused more on getting fit and healthy than on reaching a certain weight - and it paid off!! Congrats!
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    What a difference! You look so much happier, too. Congratulations on a job well done!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • AJOjr
    AJOjr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! You will look awesome at your trainers wedding!:smile:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome.....how much did u monitor your diet?

I was on my diet like white on rice. Every day, every calorie. Pre-logging almost every day. Preplanning most weeks. Luckily I am the worlds most boring eater. 3 of my meals every day have been basically the same since I started this 10 months ago (with only slight modifications to add calories now as needed). The logging of the food was THE most important part of this. By far, hands down, no questions.

As to how I feel, this was done in conjunction with rehabbing a knee replacement last September. I started back in the gym January 1. I had to lose weight to keep weight off the knee and to improve range of motion and strength in the knee for the long term. I have the world's greatest trainer I think (whose wedding I get to go to next Saturday -- go Chris). He was just as invested in my progress as I was, and possibly even more. How do I feel? I'm wearing clothes sizes I haven't worn in 4 decades. For Chris' wedding, I'm wearing a suit I bought 3 decades ago that fits great (a classic grey pinstripe). I am moving better than I have at any point in my life. EVER. The only regret I have is that I didn't do this decades ago. But there is no way in hell am I ever going back now. This is now my lifestyle. I own it. I love it and there is not enough money in the world to make me give it up.
  • quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What an absolute inspiration! I really needed to see this today. I am a "slow loser" and was beginning to get frustrated. Thank you SO much for the reminder that it shouldn`t be all about the scale. Great job, and congratulations on reaping the benefits if all your hard work. It really shows your dedication!!

BTW, love your upgraded sneakers. ;-)
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Great job !!!!!!!
  • harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! Awesome job!!!
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Congrats!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I was training with my trainer today. Towards the end of the session, I realized that I was wearing the same clothes I had worn months ago when he had taken a progress picture of me. The clothes felt a lot looser now. So he pulled them up on his cell phone. OMG. That doesn't begin to describe it.

I remembered the before pictures were taken on March 16 (just before I went on vacation). So just a bit less than 7 months ago. But the really amazing thing is that my weight in the March pictures was 176.

tumblr_muk6x7Vnab1r2sbmqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_muk6x7Vnab1r2sbmqo3_500.jpg

Now compare that to pics taken today. But the most amazing thing is that today's weight is 153. Only 23 pounds less. To me, it looks visually like a lot more than 23 pounds difference.

tumblr_muk6x7Vnab1r2sbmqo2_500.jpg

tumblr_muk6x7Vnab1r2sbmqo4_500.jpg

I haven't lost any "weight" in almost 2 months. But I've noticed a lot of changes in my body definition, body fat being lost, muscle being added. So it isn't all about the scale, all about the weight. These pictures proved that to me, more than anything ever had before.

But I look at the side view of the March photo, and all I can think of is the line of President Skroob in Spaceballs: "WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME MY *kitten* WAS SO BIG"?

23 pounds is a great loss but wow - this picture really shows that the content of the weight is so much more meaningful than the numerical value! You look terrific! Wish there was a grid behind you...you should put the same outfit on and jump in front of the grid to really capture the before/after contrast. Even if your border is similar, the topography has changed! Just great! :smile:
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    The reason there is no grid now is because the before pictures was taken at the gym I trained at with Chris, my trainer. A couple of months ago he left and is training on his on in a private studio, hence no grid. I don't think the club would let him back in just for pictures. Even though I'm still a member of the club as well.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    Just a couple measurements between then and now. 23 pounds difference. 5.5 inches less in the waist. 4 inches less in the hips, 3.5 inches less in the thighs. The 3 places I store fat the most. Besides between the ears. Exercise isn't getting rid of that. :)
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You are so right! You look amazing! Thank you for taking the time to post this :drinker:
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    LOL, remember "always look behind you". Great work!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I totally agree and you look great!
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lee, you look amazing. What a difference. All the hard work, and watching what you eat, is really paying off for you. You must feel great!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Yep weight is just a number. I have yet to see any fit person having their weight pasted on their forehead so that everyone knows what they weigh. Yet for some reason many believe that's how they are viewed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!