HELP ME! I know this is the wrong website for this but ...

Options
2»

Replies

• GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you are having to deal with this. I am sending positive thoughts your way that all will work out well!
  • Directionerme
    Options
    its seems hes probably sick. i dont know very much. im sorry i hope your chameleon get better!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    My husband called, and as always, he has all the answers, lol.
    He has owned at least one chameleon at all times his whole life except when he was in the military. He has them get sick, and die, but I personally have never seen it.

Anyways, my husband said it is a bowel obstruction. Short of taking to him to a vet, which at this point is out of the question until Monday, there is only a couple things I can do.
    (According to him, me acting like an emotional pregnant woman is not one of the things I am supposed to be doing, lol)
    He may pull through and be fine, he may not make it until Monday :(

At least your husband sounds like a reasonable guy. I feared this would end with him being mad and (incorrectly) blaming you.

Best of luck.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Um, take it to the vet...

Even if I would have left here right after speaking to the pet store and discovering I would need to drive to Vegas, I would not have made it even TO Vegas by 5pm, forget trying to actually get somewhere in Vegas that time of day.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    My husband called, and as always, he has all the answers, lol.
    He has owned at least one chameleon at all times his whole life except when he was in the military. He has them get sick, and die, but I personally have never seen it.

Anyways, my husband said it is a bowel obstruction. Short of taking to him to a vet, which at this point is out of the question until Monday, there is only a couple things I can do.
    (According to him, me acting like an emotional pregnant woman is not one of the things I am supposed to be doing, lol)
    He may pull through and be fine, he may not make it until Monday :(

At least your husband sounds like a reasonable guy. I feared this would end with him being mad and (incorrectly) blaming you.

Best of luck.

Yes, my husband is a very good guy, I think I am pretty blessed to have him! He wouldn't blame me.
    ... And, thank you :)
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    How are things going? Any updates available?
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Chameleon made it through the night but died in my hands only 15 minutes ago :'(
    I have never witnessed anything die in my life and it was stomach wrenching and made me cry! I should not have sat and watched that.
    I am devastated that he died and wish there was more I could have done for him. At least he is no longer hurting.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear this. You did what you could to help him.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your chameleon. You tried.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Hugs. ... wrap him up in a towel so you and hubby can bury him together.

You did all you could.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Chameleon made it through the night but died in my hands only 15 minutes ago :'(
    I have never witnessed anything die in my life and it was stomach wrenching and made me cry! I should not have sat and watched that.
    I am devastated that he died and wish there was more I could have done for him. At least he is no longer hurting.

I'm glad you were there and holding him during his last few moments. Pets kinda "know" when they're about to go, so it probably comforted his teeny chameleon heart.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Good job on all your care!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss! Its very hard to watch a pet pass..but you very likely comforted him and made his passing easier knowing that you cared and wanted to help him.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    So so sorry. It's hard to lose a pet. :(
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really think you are absolutely right. He lived through the night but died fairly quickly this morning. I feel like he didn't want to go alone and was waiting. He was happy when I picked him up and I felt like he did not want me to put him down.
    He curled up in my hands and looked at me for several minutes before his eyes rolled back and closed. I really hope I made it easier for him.