Juicing

Options
Has anyone tried the juicing diet as in the book "Fat, sick and nearly dead" by Joe Cross.

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    OMG, he's selling people brochures too?
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've juiced before, yes. That being said, do not juice exclusively for the weight loss, if you do, do it for your health. I use it more as a supplement now or when I feel particularly sluggish and like I need the extra nutrients fast. Also can be good after a cheat day. I *always* make sure I'm eating one meal a day though.

He does have a website with meal plans. If you opt to try juicing I would do a 3-5 day fast just to test it and see how you react. Be forewarned that if juicing is not part of a major lifestyle change you will gain the weight back. There is a group here on MFP for people who juice and watch the documentary.
  • tricia1952
    tricia1952 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks Anneka
    I tried juicing for 3 days but ate one meal each day. I didn't feel hungry but got a headache that would not go away. i am amazed by some of the success stories but don't think I would do more than just the 3 day juicing without food.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the juicing diet as in the book "Fat, sick and nearly dead" by Joe Cross.

Good film.

I did a 7 day juice retreat holiday, and just finished a 3 day juice "detox" (LOL). With probably under 1,000 calories a day input and over 3,000 expenditure on the holiday the weight loss was good, and I haven't regained more than 2 lbs from the lowest weight.

Salt or rehydration salts are handy if the headache and dizziness sets in, and magnesium if you're a bit crampy like I am. It's a partial fast really, with reasonable nutrients from the juices but very low protein.
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I couldn't maintain a juicing diet, but I love to juice. I have a lot of trouble eating breakfast so I juice carrots, celery, cucumbers, apples and oranges (it's for 2 people) and drink my breakfast instead.