What daily supplements do you take?

Options
I have been reading a lot about various supplements/vitamins that are beneficial to your health. There are SO many, and I`m wondering what other healthy-mindex people take on a daily basis.

Right now I`m taking a women`s multi vitamin, a probiotic complex (to try to help with my sluggish digetion), and a green tea supplement.

Replies

• Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I take a women's multi, probiotic, biotin and b-12.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I take Nature's Way Alive Women's Energy Multivitamin, Omega 3 Fish Oil Capsules, extra B-Complex and occasionally extra vitamin D-3 (there are already some B and D-3 in the multi) and a probiotic.

This is new for me, as I tend to amass large numbers of bottles of vitamins, but never take them. After two months on these vitamins, my bloodwork came back super for the first time in years (I'm usually anemic), and my skin is glowing (but that could also be all the water and the exercise).

I've definitely noticed a general sense of well-being since taking the added vitamin D3.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Women's multi
    Calcium
    Vitamin D
    Flax Oil
    Primrose Oil
    B complex
  • JeanSoCal
    JeanSoCal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin, omega -3, calcium caltrate. Also once a month vitamin B-12 shot because my system can only absorb the B vitamin sublingually or by injection due to the surgery I have had. :smile:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I take bone density (calcium,etc)
    fish oil
    biotin
    Vitamin B + (extra of all the B's) + C
    Women's multi
    Gingko biloba (memory,brain function)
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    one a day weight smart - im usually only low in iron and calcium
    kind of want to start taking biotin for my hair but not sure ;-;
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Hair skin and nails
    Fish oil
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I eat balanced diet, so my baseline is none. That said, I do take some vitamin D because I work indoors and my blood tests showed that it was low. I also took CoQ10 because it actually lowered my blood pressure a little bit. Unfortunately not enough to get off the BP meds and I discontinued it. I take fish oil because that and the glucosamin/chondoritin actually work for my joints.
  • vlland
    vlland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I take a daily woman's vitamin since I don't always eat healthy. I take extra vitamin C since I work with kids and lots of germs and think it helps my immune system. I take extra calcium too since I don't get enough and its important as a woman to get enough and a probiotic too. I also take glucosamine chondroitin msm (for joints) as recommended by my chiropractor as I have missing cartilage in my neck and issues with neck and shoulder due to it. I use a pill container for each day of the week to help me make sure I take them daily.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I take a high dose D3 three times a week because I'm deficient and then B12 once a week.
  • quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I`m the only one who doesn`t get bloodwork done on a regular basis. Would probably help me select exactly what my body needs. Thanks to all for the info.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I take a daily woman's vitamin since I don't always eat healthy. I take extra vitamin C since I work with kids and lots of germs and think it helps my immune system. I take extra calcium too since I don't get enough and its important as a woman to get enough and a probiotic too. I also take glucosamine chondroitin msm (for joints) as recommended by my chiropractor as I have missing cartilage in my neck and issues with neck and shoulder due to it. I use a pill container for each day of the week to help me make sure I take them daily.

zinc will also help If you take it every three hours in losenge form when you start getting sick. It stops it from getting worse in my experience
  • peachcats
    Options
    None.
    When I see people taking 6, 7, 8+ pills when they wake up I wonder if they feel like they're dying.