New and need advice

Options
Hello, I joined MFP 3 weeks ago. I started my food diary at 3 meals a day plus snacks and recently changed it to 6 meals a day. It says to do 1,200 calories a day so I'm trying to average my 6 meals around 200 calories a meal. Is it better to do it this way with the 6 meals or should I go back to the 3 bigger meals? Also, if anyone has time my food diary is open so if I can get any advice on if im eating wrong or right or what to change, I would appreciate it. I was focused on calories but then carbs started scaring me so much that I am now lost and dont know what to track and what my calories should be at. I'm focusing on getting the food right and then I will begin including the exercise portion but for now it is food only.
I am 5'4" 142lbs.

Thank you for any advice that anyone might have.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Small frequent meals are better, gives you more even energy levels, never being overly hungry or too full, easier on the digestive system.
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    I agree, I try to do three meals with 2 snacks for the day. Now I am usually still hungary during the day and when I go to bed but I look at it that hopefully that means my stomach is shrinking. I know not feeling full every day like I was before sure does make me feel better. My weight is coming off slower than I would like but I know that if I keep this up it will come off. Good luck on your journey!