Does anyone here use exercise videos?

Options
When I first started exercising at 18, it was because of the Cindy Crawford workout and a Cher exercise tape as well. This was almost 20 years ago.

To this day, I do my strength training mainly from exercise videos, especially Kathy Smith ones. They have been very effective in helping me shape my body.

I also sometimes do that Cindy Crawford workout and occasionally do aerobic dance videos instead of walk.

Does anyone else here use exercise videos to workout? Which ones do you like?

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    Beachbody products, they have a great variety with all kind of workouts. My favorite Body Beast!
  • Petjen16
    Petjen16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I workout with Cathe Friedrich. She's very tough, but I love it.
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    I do black girls workout too, not as much as I should but its a great video
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes I've done a few Beachbody programmes - 10 minute trainer, Les Mills Combat, Les Mills Pump and about to start Focus T25.
  • Azarashi1
    Options
    Jillian Michaels!!

Last year i did 30DS, ripped in 30 (which is very similar to 30ds but tougher) and body revolution (which is the most complete one!).

She's great at explaining good form.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels videos. They're really intense, usually only 30 minutes, and very effective. She has a few and they're not too expensive, so I've got like 5 of them so I don't get bored.

30 Day Shred
    Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Trouble Zones
    Ripped in 30
    Extreme Shed and Shred
    Buns and Thighs
    Abs
    Body Revolution
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Yep! I alternate them, because I get so bored doing the same things over and over. I like beachbody workouts and I also do Jillian Michaels and some other pilates videos. :)
  • wildbutterfly777
    wildbutterfly777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I typically only do workout videos followed sometimes by additional time on the elliptical. It's more convenient for me and if it's not convenient, I won't do it! :) Someday I may decide to start a running or biking program but for now, the videos are my go-to.

I love Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. It was pretty cheap compared to some of the programs out there. I think it might have been $10-$15 at Wal-Mart. She uses a 3-2-1 method. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and then 1 minute of abs. There is a warm up, 3 circuits of the 3-2-1 program and then a cool down. Each workout is about 35 minutes start to finish and there are 4 different weeks on the video. There is a lot of variety on this video which keeps me from getting bored. She uses light dumbbells and a Yoga Mat. I don't use the yoga mat because we have an area rug for cushion. What's great is that as you get stronger, you can use heavier dumbbells and start the video back at week one. I use a Heart Rate Monitor to keep track of calories burned.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been using Leslie Sansone's Four Fast Miles, and it's been working well for me.
  • flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender! (fitnessblender.com) you can stream their videos from that website or on youtube (which is great since my bluray player can the stream it to my TV). Awesome workouts of all kinds, definitely a great thing to check out!
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Just finishing week 2 of Focus T25 and really like it so far.
  • Azarashi1
    Options
    Fitness Blender! (fitnessblender.com) you can stream their videos from that website or on youtube (which is great since my bluray player can the stream it to my TV). Awesome workouts of all kinds, definitely a great thing to check out!

Oooh I agree I love fitness blender! Although, I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of burpees they squeeze in each workout. But I guess they're pretty effective...
  • King_Of_Juicy
    Options
    Insanity is the best video out. Period
  • flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Oooh I agree I love fitness blender! Although, I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of burpees they squeeze in each workout. But I guess they're pretty effective...

I do the videos without the burpees, lol. Live on the third floor of an apartment building and tend to exercise at 6 am- my neighbors do NOT need to feel like their ceiling is coming down, haha.....And, I hate burpees ;)
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a Biggest Loser dvd that I sometimes do, but always just do the warm up, because I don't do cardio.
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do black girls workout too, not as much as I should but its a great video

I'm black, so I'm def looking into this. Thanks.
  • jacqxox
    Options
    beachbody
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by "use" ?
  • kagreen91
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs- the Total Body Burn video is great! It gives you a great challenge and gets the sweat rolling.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Use netflix or go to the library and try out a bunch for free. There are also several on you tube but some are just little clips to show you what to expect I like getting the full workout from the library or netflix because I can actually do it. I own several Walk Away the Pounds (walking, low impact) The Firm (different varieties available) Turbo Fire and P90X (both Beachbody products) and a variety of miscellaneous DVD's that I've picked up at Half Price Books or clearance bins because I'm cheap like that. :)