Does anyone here use exercise videos?

Options

Replies

• sbrown227
    sbrown227 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use Tae Bo with Billy Blank. Great for overall total body workout (plus cardio).
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I bought a Davina McCall DVD a few years ago, found it when I started slimming seriously, and thought I may as well try it. I like it, and it motivates me to have something to get to the end to, whereas if I'm on a treadmill or something I can stop when I like.. the DVD has a fixed length that I have to achieve.
  • ashleyboaze
    Options
    Insanity/P90x:) luv
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Use netflix or go to the library and try out a bunch for free. There are also several on you tube but some are just little clips to show you what to expect I like getting the full workout from the library or netflix because I can actually do it. I own several Walk Away the Pounds (walking, low impact) The Firm (different varieties available) Turbo Fire and P90X (both Beachbody products) and a variety of miscellaneous DVD's that I've picked up at Half Price Books or clearance bins because I'm cheap like that. :)

I was doing some NetFlix exercise videos last year, but then they got rid of them all. Are they back?
  • KayFE1963
    KayFE1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds
  • QuanniE7789
    QuanniE7789 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Black Girls Workout Too, Brazilian Buttlift & P90. My favorite is Black Girls Workout Too because it encompasses a complete workout in 40 minutes. P90 also isn't bad because you can escalate to M and X.
  • lunaphilia
    lunaphilia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    BlogilatesTV·by CASSEY HO!! PILATES!!! WOOOHOOO! :D You can search for the workout videos on Youtube!
  • melinda189
    Options
    I do black girls workout too, not as much as I should but its a great video

I'm black, so I'm def looking into this. Thanks.

Me too. I've never heard of it. i've heard of black girls run
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love videos!!! I have a few different sets of The Firm. They are my favorite. I'm not a fan of Jillian Michaels and have never tried any beachbody but I should.

Like you I have been doing videos for many years. My favorite from way back is Denise Austin. I still have some of hers on VHS that I should pull out but I'm not sure the VCR works anymore. :)
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love videos!!! I have a few different sets of The Firm. They are my favorite. I'm not a fan of Jillian Michaels and have never tried any beachbody but I should.

Like you I have been doing videos for many years. My favorite from way back is Denise Austin. I still have some of hers on VHS that I should pull out but I'm not sure the VCR works anymore. :)

I have old VHS exercise tapes that I loved that they never then released on DVD -- for example some Crunch videos. I keep these old tapes for memories. I was also doing videos all during the Buns of Steel era. I also loved the Elle McPherson video. I am showing my age! I like Denise Austin too. Sometimes I need that dose of perkiness to get my going in a workout.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Natalie Cassidy's and Vicky Binns are two of my faves.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Videos are all I use, except for walking when the weather is nice on weekends.

My very favorite trainer is Ilaria Montagnani. I love her Powerstrike kickboxing series, and I just got her first Atletica strength training video. There are more in my future.

Even though I don't care for her, I have several Jillian videos. She irritates me, but gives a good workout. I use Ripped in 30 for days when I'm pressed for time.

I have a Bob Harper video that I LOVE! Need to get more of him.

I also have several Tae Bo videos, but I don't do them too much any more. The constant counting drives me bonkers, and he's pretty inconsistent in terms of evenly working out both sides of the body.
  • joannagadzinski1
    Options
    I tried the turbo program but honestly found it very boring.

I have an an xbox with a kinect so now I do zumba.

Before I fell off the bandwagon for a few months, I did zumba fitness for 4 weeks plus exercise videos on youtube from fitness blender which are fun. I stuck to a 1100 cal diet for this period and I lost 11 lbs which I have since gained back :( I am at it again and hope to see the same results
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I do black girls workout too, not as much as I should but its a great video

there's a black girl's workout? do tell
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Beachbody T25 for 12 weeks now. I lost 14 pounds - 10% of my body weight - by week 10. Now I'm just building muscle and reducing my body fat %.

It's really just 25 minutes 5x a week. It's intense but it works!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been using Leslie Sansone's Four Fast Miles, and it's been working well for me.

I agree, I use her also and I have ALL of her dvd's now. I use them all... I alternate. I also of course love walking at my local park and have a planet fitness membership... but I do DVD's about 2 times a week. Love Leslie!

It's all about getting up and MOVING.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I primarily use exercise videos. I don't get a good workout without them, to tell you the truth! I get bored with plain ol' running, treadmill, elliptical etc., for cardio, so I prefer cardio workout videos. I especially enjoy workout videos that include strength training. I don't have a gym membership, and though I can search for specific strength training exercises online, I prefer just following along with the exercises in a video. Plus, you know if you have the correct form since you see an example right in front of you. And there's a lot more motivation watching a video than just looking at a list of exercises you printed out to complete. I love Team Beachbody's videos. I originally did Hip Hop Abs, then I moved on to Insanity, I used some of a family member's P90X workout videos, and now I'm thinking of ordering Focus T25. Shaun T's the man. =D
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I mix them up to keep from getting bored

1. two Leslie Sansone walks
    2. Denise Austin Dance Mix
    3. Tracy Anderson Mat workout
    4. Turbo Jam
    5. Paul Eugene Fitness
    6. Sweating in the Spirit
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member