Big Mac one of the best burger ever???

Options
Big Mac one of the best burger ever??? For 40 years I never cared to eat a burger... Two years ago I had braces and it was hard for me to eat so if I saw something soft to eat I would try it... It turns out that a Big Mac is super soft and yummy and now I understand why my older brother would make such a fuss about it... Even though this burger, well any burger (not including turkey burgers) isn't the most healthiest for anyone... I was in the mood so I called my hubby and asked if he would be willing to share one with me... He agreed without a problem considering he loves them as much as my brother does... It turns out that a meal is about 1160 cal so half is 580 cal, keep in mind that I don't drink soda (never liked soda pop) and had about 6 fries... I need to get on my bike and burn those 580 cal and then run my 3 miles for my 5k run in 3 weeks... What have you guys tried that you never had before and love and what do you do to burn the cal consumed??? Thanks for reading MFPs 8-)…

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Not even CLOSE to the best burgers ever. I can think of at least a dozen places within 10 miles of my house that have better food.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    burger-king-whopper.jpg

GOAT Burger

/thread
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    No... Bobby's Burger Palace has the best burgers.

Boy do I miss that place. Germany, y u no have Bobby's Burger Palace?
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    the only thing that makes a big mac 'good' is its sauce and i dont even enjoy it that much.
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's an iconic burger but I quite like making my own since adapting Hestons method. Nothing better than freshly made with extra lean meat and freshly prepared toppings of choice. I want a burger now...
  • health1971
    Options
    No, in Florida at least South Florida there's no Bobby's Burger Palace :-(...
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Big Kahuna burger ....
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ick. No. Get the Big Mac sauce with fries.

Keep your Big Mac.

I'd rather eat one of their angus burgers.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Big Mac one of the best burger ever???

One of.... absolutely. I tend to group burger joints into 2 categories. The ones I'd consider to be cr@p burgers, vs, elite burgers. I'm partial to both kinds. Just that to me... some burgers have that take-out greasy burger taste, and some have the more 'up-scale' kind of taste. McDonalds has the lower-end taste, but makes it no less appealing to me.

Anyone from the general Vancouver area of BC.... might remember this place....

wally_burger.jpg

This was the epitome of the 'greasy burger place....' this place resided on Kingsway for 46 years. The lease costs of the land finally caused them to pull up stakes. They franchised the place, and we tried one of the franchisee's burgers, and it wasn't the same.

I love Big Macs. I love many different burgers. I often marvel at the simplicity of mixing pork ( bacon ) with cow ( hamburger ) for that perfect burger taste. With cheese, of course.

Homer_and_Bart_in_Krusty_Burger.jpg
  • ryandeceptacon
    ryandeceptacon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    As you say, it is imperative to state that you skipped the lowest cal part of the meal (soda). Diet soda being <4 cals...
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Regional and local burgers are the best, IMO. Love In-N-Out whenever I'm in California...

The burgers in the UK SUCK.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    In n out is ok. But tommys burgers here in san diego/los angeles are the best of the best. I'm going in an hour lol. Everything on their menu is covered in their absolutely amazing chili. Mmmmmm. Big macs are great too but Id rather spend my calories on tommys.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I grind my own so I know Exactly what's in them. 3/4 trimmed beef, 1/4 trimmed pork tenderloin. Maybe 2% fat. Maximum protein, little fat.
  • J012345
    Options
    I remember the first time I had a big mac, it was when I was 21 years old!!.. All of my life I told myself Mcdonalds is so disgusting well when I tried the burger. I feel in love but I think it's more of an addiction. Today which I am 23 can't wait a Big Mac and I agree there is plenty of way better burgers out there!!..
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    So not the best burger, bleurgh!!!

I make my own, lamb or beef OH SO yummy!

The only times I've craved Big Macs is in all my pregnancies, strange but true.
  • mrsimes
    Options
    Well this isnʻt about the best burger but one thing that I have tried that I absolutely loved was a swiss cake roll. I had never had one and just this past Sunday I had one package. I loved them so much that I had one every day until my husband called me out and said that he only got one package. I didnʻt feel ashamed or guilty because I walked every day but I did feel bad because my husband didnʻt get any more than one pack. I absolutely love little debbie snack cakes but I donʻt buy them often because I will eat them all. In order to work them I try to walk every day. Mmmmmmm........little debbie cakes :smokin:
  • kadianne56
    kadianne56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is a place in Stockton CA called Manny's OMG they had the best burgers " The Manny Burger" (heaven on a bun) Just sayin'.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I would never "burn off" what I ate...I have to eat something so I just make it fit within my normal calorie allotment from doing my normal activities.

A BigMac is 550 calories. So you ate 275 calories. 6 fries is probably equivalent to 1/2 of a small which is only 115 calories. So that's a total of 390 calories. Not sure where you got 580 if you're not drinking soda.
  • health1971
    Options
    I would never "burn off" what I ate...I have to eat something so I just make it fit within my normal calorie allotment from doing my normal activities.

A BigMac is 550 calories. So you ate 275 calories. 6 fries is probably equivalent to 1/2 of a small which is only 115 calories. So that's a total of 390 calories. Not sure where you got 580 if you're not drinking soda.

Riding my bike 6 to 10 miles and running 2 to 3 miles is what I do 6 times a week regardless of my calorie allotment... Also, I know I didn't completely consumed half of the total calories for the meal, but it doesn't matter to me I still wanted to burn it off :smile: extra calories burnt are always welcomed :happy: ... Thanks for your input, much appreciated :smile: ...
  • health1971
    Options
    Well this isnʻt about the best burger but one thing that I have tried that I absolutely loved was a swiss cake roll. I had never had one and just this past Sunday I had one package. I loved them so much that I had one every day until my husband called me out and said that he only got one package. I didnʻt feel ashamed or guilty because I walked every day but I did feel bad because my husband didnʻt get any more than one pack. I absolutely love little debbie snack cakes but I donʻt buy them often because I will eat them all. In order to work them I try to walk every day. Mmmmmmm........little debbie cakes :smokin:

Not big on sweets, even though I'm a pastry chef, lol... But my mom loves sweets and swiss cake rolls are one of her favorites and she does the same to my dad... Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou: