40-30-30?

Options
I changed my goals to 40-30-30 since I am not getting as much cardio in as usual.... has anyone tried this and had results?

Replies

• ksouthard1
    ksouthard1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It works for me!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    you follow it? i didnt know that... i am going to try. When I plugged it in to my goals, i was very sad to see the daily allowance of carbs go down so much.
  • kattungen
    Options
    Sorry to be a n00b, but what is 40-30-30?
  • getinshapegirl
    Options
    I just changed my goals on Sunday to 40-30-30. It has been helping me focus on eating healthier foods and not just staying in my calorie range. I hope it helps with my results!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I think it is the zone plan - 40% carb 30% fat 30% protein
  • getinshapegirl
    Options
    What I have been amazed by is that before at 1200 calories I felt hungry all the time and now I feel really full. I think that will help stop the mindless snacking. I think the zone is what Jennifer Aniston has done.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been using 50-25-25 and it's been working pretty well for me. I had tried getting my protein up to 30, but I'm much better at consistently hitting 25% without going crazy. I've been dropping body fat like crazy (according to my scale that measure body fat percentage) so I'm content with this ratio for now. I usually come in under carbs anyway.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The doctor wanted me at 30/40/30, but I just couldn't get that much protein in. 40/30/30 works much better for me.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 40 30. 40 is still to many carbs for me, and not enough protein. everyone trying to lose weight should get plenty of protein. Most don't get nearly enough. Once I'm happy with my fat loss and start shifting into muscle building I'll change it to 40 30 30 to have energy for the longer, heavier workouts.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    The doctor wanted me at 30/40/30, but I just couldn't get that much protein in. 40/30/30 works much better for me.

Someone needs to bring you into the wondergul world of whey protein powder! 20 grams of protein per scoop. I have atleast one shake a day.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    When I plugged it in to my goals...

Would someone tell me how to do that, I've searched and searched, but I am just not finding a way to do that!

Nevermind, I found the one thing I hadn't tried before.....
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    When I plugged it in to my goals...

Would someone tell me how to do that, I've searched and searched, but I am just not finding a way to do that!

Nevermind, I found the one thing I hadn't tried before.....

ivyjbres, that is the funniest background pic for a ticker that i've ever seen! hahahahhahahahahaha! so true also though!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

Someone needs to bring you into the wondergul world of whey protein powder! 20 grams of protein per scoop. I have atleast one shake a day.

I tried it, but the side effects negated any positives. My body just didn't deal well with the whey. I also tried the soy, but the doc didn't want me using it. I have the egg white powder and use it occasionally in smoothies, but drinking something just doesn't satisfy me. I guess I must be related to a cow.... gotta chew something.:tongue:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,661 Member
    Options
    I feel my best (and lost my fat) using settings of 55/25/20.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm trying, but I tend to be over on carbs and a little low on the protein.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    thats my goal and it was working fine for a while. I am comfortable with it and don't plan on changing it.
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yup! I am at 40-30-30. I played around with this for the first couple months on mfp and have settled on these percentages. They work well for me and aren't too hard to follow if you eat a lot of veggies, whole grains, fruits, protein (very important), and all that good stuff! I LOVE carbs so for the first couple weeks it was hard to stay within the 40% But the more you workout the more carbs you can eat :) So I starting spending more time in the gym so I could allow myself a few more carbs throughout the day. Once you limit the carbs for a few weeks though you start to not crave them.. its great!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Where do you do this? I dont see it in the settings.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this...I'll check it out.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for 5+ years.