Seeking Motivated Middle Aged "Fitness Friends"

Options
I live a 'good life' out here on the pacific west coast, often hiking in the mountains with my wife and our eight year old german shepherd. However, I am now officially middle aged and overweight - need to change things up and live a more structured and healthier lifestyle with improved dietary habits... so I can still be climbing those mountains when I am well into my eighties!

Just joined MyFitnessPal after seeing the new iOS 7 update (love the design) and seeking some equally motivated middled aged "fitness friends" to support and encourage each other in our individual journey towards better health and fitness. Please send a message describing yourself with any friend request.

My main activities at present are rowing (mostly indoor for now); hiking; mountaineering; walking the dog (a lot!); and started to do some basic yoga for flexibility and hope to get into a regular 10k running routine - but not interested in running anything greater than a 10k (at least for now). I also LOVE using RunKeeper - so would be eager to have some "fitness friends" who are also avid RunKeeper users...

Replies

• BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Is 35 middle aged? I'd be happy to be your mfp friend. I enjoy a lot of the same activities. Hiking, starting running again. I try to get outdoors frequently. I used to love runkeeper, but it hasn't worked on my phone in forever, probably because I have an iPhone 4. Anyway, feel free to add me if you'd like! (and anyone else too...the more the merrier!)
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    FR sent :happy:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi , I am 49 so I guess I am middle aged LOL. I also have a German Shepard 2 years old, I do different activity's, weightlifting, Spin classes ect, I am on here everyday, you can add me if you like ....
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. My activities are mainly spinning, walking, weight training, yoga, pilates. This might sound terrible but I despise sitting still for very long!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Your user name reminds me of my husband!:laugh:

I'm 45 and love working out. Running, swimming, the elliptical and strength training are my program currently.

I log in daily and will probably have to for life, as left to my own devices my food intake can get a little out of control!

My diary is open, boring but open. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • CrankyGoat
    CrankyGoat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's great, thanks for the friend requests ... much appreciated. Always looking for more, as it does seem that the research proves it an effective tool in the weight loss battle. I'd like to get around fifteen to twenty fitness pal friends - a good amount to be able to motivate and support each other and be a useful, positive influence.
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely middle-aged and love to run, cycle, swim, ski, hike and scuba. I'm sending a F/R and welcome mature friends who also like to get out and live.