Options

Replies

• getitright25
    getitright25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ok,
  • health1971
    Options
    Would you rather own a McDonalds or a Fitness 19? Which ones go out of business all the time!!! Don't knock McDonalds burgers----they are not in the fitness business since 1954.

SO TRUE...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of good burgers out there. Big Macs are pretty good. I discovered Five Guys last year. Bomb.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's probably one of the only burgers I crave.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I prefer a real homemade Angus burger with blue cheese and bacon.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Best burgers ever? ...Really?

Somebody''s culinary standards are rock-bottom.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    if you are ever in lead, south dakota (a small town in the black hills near mount rushmore) check out the burgers at a bar called lewie's. best.
  • health1971
    Options
    Best burgers ever? ...Really?

Somebody''s culinary standards are rock-bottom.

My culinary standards is not in question, hence why the topic was put in a question form... Just wanted to know all your opinions without judgements or critiques... Regardless, thanks for your input...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    As far as chains, I really like Mooyah. I usually get a turkey burger with swiss, mushrooms, grilled onions and lettuce. DIVINE.
  • health1971
    Options
    Thanks, my husband and I are planing a cross country road trip for next summer and that's one of the places in our route... Will try it for sure... Thanks again...
  • health1971
    Options
    As you say, it is imperative to state that you skipped the lowest cal part of the meal (soda). Diet soda being <4 cals...

Didn't skipped it because of the 4 cal, I skipped it because I don't like soda...
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't like fast food burgers. But I'm not a burger person in general.

I like nuggets. I don't know if Roy Rogers restaurants are still around, but they had great chicken nuggets.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I also don't get what all the hype over In-N-Out is for. We went there twice (once animal style, once plain) while in California earlier this year. I mean, the burgers were good (I guess?) for a chain but certainly weren't orgasm-inducing as one might expect based on the way people talk about them.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Live in San Diego have had in n out plenty of times in my life. Never once had an orgasm from it lol.
  • hell0_123
    Options
    Yes but it's very fattening.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    As a former McDonald's employee, I must say that the Big Mac is a glorified Mcdouble. You are paying over 3X the price of a Mcdouble, but it uses the same tiny little meat patties. The only thing "extra" you're really getting is sesame seeds, a center bun, mac sauce, and lettuce.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of good burgers out there. Big Macs are pretty good. I discovered Five Guys last year. Bomb.

I'm hearing alot about Five Guys. We'd have to travel a bit, to try one. I was actually in Ontario for a Lacrosse tournament, for my son... and I walked from the hotel back and forth to the field every day. Right past a Five Guys. But, I was in early days of my weight loss journey... .and I just couldn't bring myself to go in there.
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Try the Big Carl from Carls Jr. It's a big mac on steroids.

102547-Carls.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    I like me some McDonald's ( I go once a week), but prefer the Angus burgers more over the Big Mac. But will say that the Big Mac was my first McDonald's sandwich I ever ate (I was 8 at the time and just came from the Philippines in '72) and was my favorite all the way up to high school.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I'm hearing alot about Five Guys. We'd have to travel a bit, to try one. I was actually in Ontario for a Lacrosse tournament, for my son... and I walked from the hotel back and forth to the field every day. Right past a Five Guys. But, I was in early days of my weight loss journey... .and I just couldn't bring myself to go in there.

The burgers are juicy and the seasoned fries are outta this world. Hope you get a chance to try them one day!