* 1/2 cup light ranch dressing
* 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
* 1 package, 3/4 to 1 pound, chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
* 2 tablespoons butter
* Salt and black pepper
* 1/4 cup hot sauce

Directions

Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.

Combine lettuce, carrots and celery in a salad bowl. Combine ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles in a small bowl.

Add oil and butter to hot pan with the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and sear for 2 or 3 minutes, then add hot sauce. Reduce heat a little and cook 5 minutes more.

Toss salad with dressing and season with salt and pepper. Top salad with Buffalo chicken and serve.

Serves 4

Per Serving: 295 Calories 10Carbs 15Fat 32 Protein

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Love hot sauce and chicken! Great combo. I will have to try this except I will substitute blue cheese with feta because feta isn't too ... strong. Lol
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love anything with "buffalo" flavored, but the dang sodium kills me :[ sounds super yummy though!
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    Bump!
  • nautiluver
    nautiluver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Try this wing sauce: http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnline/products.jsp?type=details&catIds=106&productId=17862

Honestly - It's amazing! Practically no cals, and so versatile. We use it in fried rice to serve as a side dish with vegetables, mix it with fat-free ranch salad dressing for a buffalo style salad or to have as a sauce on wraps, basically anything you want to taste like buffalo wings. Freaking life saver!

Beware - the mild is spicy. The hot is WAY too hot.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    YUM!

I will be getting that presidents choice sauce too - thanks for the link!
  • groucherella
    Options
    I will make this tonight! I was looking for something to throw together anyway! Thanks!
  • debbieemmett
    Options
    sounds very nice, but whats ranch dressing?
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome. I think I'ma make that for lunch when I finally get to the grocery store. Haha.
  • cread12
    cread12 Posts: 41
    Options
    BUMP
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would just like to say that I made this the other night (with the blue cheese!) and it was AMAZING. So good! I shared it with some friends for dinner. And, now I made it again tonight! :-) Thanks for the recipe! It's a keeper.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    sounds great..would love to give this a try :-)
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I've been making this salad twice a week for the past two years. LOVE IT! Except I mix 1 tbs. of blue cheese dressing with more wing sauce so and drizzle that over the greens. Cuts back the fat and just adds extra goodness!