Spartan Race NSV

Options
FrostyBev
FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
I ran a Spartan Beast as part of a 6 person team running in 3 man relays yesterday. We ran in pairs for camaraderie and motivation. I was the first leg of the relay. Just over 4 miles and 8 obstacles. I passed on the timing chip to our second leg team member and thought to myself. I have more in me. I can do more then this. I looked at my running partner and said, "What do you think? Run the 3rd leg too?" She said looked at me and said, "Hell ya! Let's do this!" Our motivation carried over to all of our other team mates who decided instead of doing just one, 4 mile leg, all six of us would finish the race together.

What did we end up with? 8+ miles of hills, mud pits, barbed wire, 8-10 ft walls, mud, carrying buckets of rocks, more mud, shooting targets, throwing spears, climbing ropes, climbing cargo nets, plus more obstacles and more mud all in 90+ heat... It was awesome to push my physical limits and equally fantastic to be apart of a team, a small group of friends to share the blood, sweat and joy of finishing a Spartan Race. I wore my HRM through the whole thing to assess the difference between perceived effort and actual physical effort. My average HR was 178 bpm with a max of 238. My portion of the racing was completed in 3h:30m and according to my HRM I burned nearly 3500 calories.

Everybody who completed this race is a winner. What did we win? These cuts, bruises, blisters and sore muscles along with the feeling of accomplishment. This is our reward. Enjoy every moment because we earned it. I can't wait till next year!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised you aren't sleeping all day today! I saw those pretty sweet medals you guys got. Great job! That's awesome that everyone ran the last leg together!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Congrats!! My friend did the race and it was amazing to watch! You should certainly be proud, it's a challenge to say the least.
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I spent the next day, eating, drinking and rotating in and out of a hot tub... Much needed relaxation!
  • kelleyhelm1
    kelleyhelm1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is an inspiration to me. I went to my first spartan sprint today alone. And left with so much more. Spartan is a game changer, and it changed my life. SPARTAN FOR LIFE.
    You are and inspiration
  • Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great job from a fellow Spartan!!

AROO!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Welcome to the awesome side.
  • DSeay88
    DSeay88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will run my first Spartan sprint in April. It's really boosted my motivation to exercise and get as fit as possible. I'm a little scared, but I'm mostly excited to challenge myself in a new way.

Congrats on a great race!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!