Does the weekend change your routine??

Options
As much as I love the weekends and no work, the weekends with their unpredictability and freedom tend to wreak havoc on my exercise and eating routine. What about you? How do you deal with this issue?

Replies

• supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes i struggle a bit with my eating on the weekends. I make sure i get in my exercise in but sometimes it's hard to manage out my meals.
  • ange290981
    Options
    I struggle alot.
    The weekends make me gain all i have lost the whole week.
    I wont give up though. Its weekend again so, i hope i will stick to my calorie max now for once and for all.

I i can make it this weekend the next weekend i can too.
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    i struggle too, mostly because of family influences. not to mention my lovely bacon sandwich on a saturday morning. but it wont happen this weekend, im too focused and i need to lose this weight

drinking bottled water on a friday night :( but worth it
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Weekends I skip breakfast and seem to make up for it be eating more and exercising less!! :(
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I plan my weekends, and not just in regards to food and exercise. Keeping busy has been my biggest deterrent from poor choices. It doesn't have to be errands, either. I plan to spend a certain amount of time at the library, some time shopping for socks, some time coloring or writing. My hands need to be doing something.
  • courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Definitely! As much as I love the weekends, the weekends make me want to eat, eat, and eat... Regardless if I am hungry or not! September was a really hard month for me because of the holiday and my birthday, so each weekend I gained about 2 pounds back. The good thing about it is that I fall right back in track during the week so I lost it all right back. I am currently trying to break the habit that I started a couple of weeks ago this weekend. I am very motivated to do so! Please feel free to add me. We can do this together!!!
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I tend to only slow down on Sundays. I am not dieting--I am on a lifestyle change, so I treat it that way. I will always watch what I eat and I will always exercise--am thinking like a skinny person. I am no longer miserable TRYING to make yet another diet work, so I got a trainer and she told me NO MORE DIETS--change your lifestyle--so I went forth and changed!!!!!
  • lumpy_spaceprincess
    Options
    I tend to relax at the weekends, I always have a couple of treats, to celebrate a good week. I also make good use of the free time and always go to the gym on a sunday.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't have a harder time with my eating, but I have to force myself to exercise. During the week exercise is just part of the routine. Every weekend is different though and it is harder to fit it in because I have so many other things I'd rather do.

I try to get in 30-60 minutes of exercise each day M-F, that way I can slack a little on the weekend.
  • therainandthunder
    Options
    I get more sleep. My breakfast gets pushed from 6 am to 9 am so no morning snack.
  • cursiny
    Options
    No exercise for me today.....over on calories. Tomorrow will be better
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Exercise is no issue, I'm at the gym at 6am Sat & Sun to ensure I get my training in and it doesn't impact my plans. Eating isn't as strict as the weekdays but I don't go nuts and rarely go over my calories.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Only thing that changes is I get to walk a lot more! Because I don't work weekends.
  • ashcooks88
    Options
    The weekend definitely changes my eating/exercising routines. It seems like we're ALWAYS on the go when the weekend comes around, but this is probably just an excuse on my part.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    In the off-season the weekend has no impact on my routine. However, when my sister and I are in training (starting in November and going until June for various different races) we burn a ton of calories on Saturdays (long runs) and then eat of ton of calories to make up for it. That's the only difference.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I am usually fine on the weekends except special occasions
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I move a TON less. After running around all week, I tend to just enjoy the company of my couch. I tend eat a little more as I'm often under on my weekly calories due to exercise. I go to one class on the weekend and will enjoy some of my favorite treats.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day used to be Friday mornings. Then, over the weekend I would 'lighten up' a bit (celebrate) the results. A friend of mine told me she weighed in on Mondays. Well, now so do I. It holds me more accountable over the weekends. I KNOW I have to weigh in first thing Monday morning, so I don't want to sabotage the results of a good week!! It works for me: A group of ladies that encourage each other call them "Melting Mondays". :bigsmile:
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I pick 1 weekend day to be off, no logging no exercise and relax, then the next day be back on, i like it like that!
  • cursiny
    Options
    Popcorn and diet pop for me for dinner......did get some cardio in today though.