My Belly Is Getting Weird And I'm A Lil Scared

Options
My belly has been getting a weird shape to it. Has anybody experienced this? Above my navel it is hard as a rock and is getting BIGGER as I lose weight. It actually almost comes to a point when you look at it from the side. Then below the navel, it digs back in and becomes really soft and flabby. What gives? I know I have an umbilical hernia but it is so small that they wouldn't even operate on it.

Does anybody else have this problem? Oh and - no I'm not pregnant. :laugh:

Replies

• Tonnenator
    Tonnenator Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well it's sad that nobody responded to this. Now, months later, it turns out that I had stage IVB endometrial cancer! I've since had a hysterectomy and am now halfway through chemo.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*! I'm sure no one answered because they had no idea... Good thing you went and got checked out! I hope you are ok :)

Good luck to you!!!
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh my god! I can't believe nobody responded to your post. What is your prognosis? I hope it's good.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hugs, OP. I wasn't around on MFP much back then but wouldn't have had an answer to you except "go to the doctor" which I'm glad you did on your own! How are you doing so far?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Well it's sad that nobody responded to this. Now, months later, it turns out that I had stage IVB endometrial cancer! I've since had a hysterectomy and am now halfway through chemo.

:noway:

Wow. Good luck! I wasn't around MFP during the OP, but TBH, I would have had no idea anyway.

It sounds like you're getting the care you need now, and that's what's most important - again, good luck!
  • sherrylee1959
    sherrylee1959 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So sorry you had to go through such a bad thing. Hope you will get better soon. Glad also that you went to the doctor. I just read your post and I would have recommended you to see a doctor if I had read your post. So sorry.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I hope everything is alright this is the first time I have seen this thread I have only been with mfp since june
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you went to a doctor. Doctors can examine you, give you a diagnosis and are much more informed on medical issues than anyone on a message board. I never saw this post till now. But, I would have suggested that you see a doctor. All the best for your recovery!.
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    what made you see a doctor??? how did they find it? I'm shocked.. I was about to respond with GO SEE YOUR DR, until I saw your response right under it. I just got into the boards just now.. however, I've been experiencing similar things.. except, its not rock hard.. my upper belly looks bloated and lower belly is just limp and sad.. I do not see a sexy me in the near future!
  • JKS76
    JKS76 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your cancer. I hope you make a speedy recovery and that you get plenty of support during your chemo. Glad that you got it checked out and a proper diagnosis.
    My mum had the same thing and at first the doc said her symptoms were just her age!! She did get priper treatment in the end though and has recovered now. Lots of love xxx
  • hillarysmith21
    hillarysmith21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is so awful, but really good to hear you're doing okay now.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Oh wow.

I'm glad you went & sought professional advice. I hope you are now ok. :flowerforyou:
  • tarotlou
    Options
    Omg virtual hugs x
  • Caerful
    Caerful Posts: 12
    Options
    I've just found your post. I'm glad you found the cause and I hope you are recovering well. With best wishes. Caerful
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this. But honestly, it's a GOOD thing that no-one responded. Think of all the horrible advice you may have gotten from random internet people who have no clue what they're talking about. They could have told you it's perfectly normal and not to see a doctor. Or something equally as harmful.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    OP I am glad that you got treatment and I really wish you all the best with the chemo. It is gruelling and psychologically challenging and I hope you've got the support of family and friends to help you through this difficult time! :flowerforyou:

Waoh...the moral of the story folks is definitely seek appropriate medical advice FIRST about any odd symptoms. Only when that has failed to establish any significant diagnosis should you rely on the advice of the self-appointed hacks on this site (despite having a medical degree I'll admit I am one of them about anything outside of my specialty :wink:).
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options

Im sorry. lIm glad you went to the doc and got it looked at. Wishing you the best!