Good or Bad Idea?

Options
So i would like input MFP

Is been several months that i been struggling to lose the last 10 to 15 pounds and also working out to tone my body. My failure is not starting but just sticking to it and following thru. Would like to know what y'all have done to kick that dedication into high gear when you kept getting off track?

I'm thinking about doing something drastic(at least for me). Seeing i'm still uncomfortable with the way i look, I'm thinking about putting a current pic of me, maybe in a bikini (or something similar) as my profile pic. I would leave it as my profile pic until i'm able to to post a pic with my new progress. Sounds like i'm bullying myself, but i'm hoping that just wanting to change my pic would kick my butt into shape...any thoughts?

Replies

• JacquiN90
    Options
    I think that's a great idea! I might do the same with my 'before' pic, and make that my profile pic. Thanks for the cool idea!
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jacqui, I'm still considering it.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    what ever works for you.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Find, or take the most unflattering picture you can. Force yourself to really look at it. You will soon decide what you truly want to get out of what you are doing.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't like Bullies, lol. Are you sure your not making anymore progress? Have you been monitoring body measurements from neck to ankles and everything in between? Overall you could be doing better than you think regardless of the scale. As far as staying on track, I don't oversell workout commitments to myself. I take on one thing and when it becomes a habit I make another commitment and so on. You look great by the way, keep on keeping on.
  • joannagadzinski1
    Options
    I think you look great :) but motivating yourself is really hard. I just put up a picture of me in a bikini on the fridge when I was 125 lbs so I think twice before snacking and it works
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't support any type of self-bullying! I think we already do that to ourselves enough. I did it to myself and it was even more discouraging. Trying thinking about how you will look when you meet your goals and how awesome you will look and feel. I like to online window shop clothes I want to buy myself as a reward for meeting my goals.

I really started being dedicated to my work outs when I stopped paying attention to the scale and really started focusing on how I felt and the progress in my different body parts. Not to mention working out has become more of a hobby than a chore. Going to the gym is "me" time and I look forward to it.