How often do you do a weigh in?

Options
Im not sure how often I should be doing weigh ins?

Replies

• joannagadzinski1
    Options
    Once a week. Pick a day and when you wake up weigh yourself. If you weigh yourself too many times, you're just going to be disappointed with yourself considering the body fluctuates a lot.
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the AM :)
  • dehumanised1
    dehumanised1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do it every Monday, first thing. Wake up, take a leak, straight onto the scales. As has been said, do it too often and your natural fluctuation will cause weird results. Also, try not to eat anything (or at least, nothing heavy) just before bed the night before since the body will then struggle to metabolise the day's food and exercise and will leave you quite a bit heavier when you weigh in.

Good luck =)
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I don't let daily fluctuations to get to me. I can fluctuate 3-5 lbs throughout the week, and that is very normal. If you are the type of person who has trouble dealing with this, then I'd suggest weighing weekly.

As long as you do it consistently and in the same way, you should be able to see your progress.
  • Kegsey55
    Kegsey55 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing after going to the loo. I'm interested in seeing my daily fluctuations and I'd rather see them daily than not know if I've lost until the following week.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    for best results, at least hourly.
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Same time each week. I usually weigh in Saturday mornings right before I jump in the shower. Other than that, I'm not on the scale AT ALL. Too much up and down each day really messes with your head.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    for best results, at least hourly.
    Love your humor!

I was a daily weigher and would get discouraged. So, i did an experiment didnt weigh myself the whole month of September, i lost 3.5 lbs. It was tough. I agree with weekly.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Once a month...
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do 2 - 3 per week, but only log Friday mornings. I weigh after my fast day.

My mid week weighs I typically do middle of the day, fully clothed. I'm familiar with my own fluctuations, so it just lets me know if I'm staying on track. My weekly logged weigh in I do after my morning walk but before eating anything.
  • guroprincess
    Options
    Although I do it once a day, I think the best idea is to do it once a week.

Once a month, imho, doesn't provide enough feedback. Personally, I'd go crazy not having any sort of motivation or log of the way I'm going.

Once a day is too much for some people. If you decide to weigh once a day, you have to take into account that your weight will probably fluctuate. I've gotten used to my body's patterns and I know that if I hit a new low, it might be taken back again for the next couple of days just as a matter of the way your body works. But to me, it's worth having the feedback/data. I use new lows as motivation and don't get bummed about "gaining" a few pounds.

Basically you can weigh in whenever you want so long as it's consistent and not messing up your psyche. :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how often I should be doing weigh ins?

It's entirely up to you and your goals and your fortitude.

I weigh in twice a day - mornings 'for the record' and evenings to make sure something whacky didn't happen during the day.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself .. in the morning and night. Morning cause that is really my real weight . . and night cause I want to see how much I have gained over the day (usually about 3-4 lbs). I find that I lose that weight overnight .. so my weight is usually pretty stable in the mornings. I do not care about the fluctuations .. they happen on a daily basis. I expect to see the weight go up and down.

My official weigh in .. is Friday mornings. This is the weight that I use here at MFP.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Every single morning! Weekly would drive me nuts. After getting off the scales I feel much more motivated.

Shirley in Oregon..... GO DUCKS
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Wednesday mornings :smile:
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I do it once every 2-4 weeks. If I don't feel emotionally capable of accepting my weight on any given day then I won't weigh myself. When I feel better I weigh myself.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week, once "officially" and once "un-officially".

Monday am, I wake up, hit the loo, strip everything off & step right on the scale. Then I record my weight. That's my "official weigh in". Then I will not get back on the scale again until usually Friday morning, same way, as a kind of barometer to see how I'm doing and if I need to "tweak". I don't record anything then, as that's my "un-official" weigh in.

Don't think I could to the daily thing...too much pressure.
  • Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I write it down along with notes like whether it is a fast day or a gym or running day. I like lists and analysing so it suits me. I'm also sensible to know that my body has fluctuations so I don't go into a tailspin if my weight increases temporarily. My "official" weigh-in day is every Monday and that's when I note how much I have lost since the last week.
  • blueuniverse
    blueuniverse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm losing very slowly, so I weigh myself every 2 weeks