Began 10 Days Ago

Options
I started this plan 10 days ago. Decided not to weigh myself until after the first month. I love keeping track of what I eat, and I am amazed at how quickly the sugar limit is exceeded each day. It has made me realize how much sugar I consume. That is the only category I consistently exceed. Does anyone else have this experience?

Replies

• kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do as well but I don't worry about that. Unless you are concerned for medical reasons I wouldn't stress over it.
  • margarethumphreys58
    Options
    Yes, I think everyone does! Don't worry though, mfp has sugar set really low, and doesn't differentiate between natural sugars and added sugars.
  • margarethumphreys58
    Options
    Yes, I think everyone does! Don't worry though, mfp has sugar set really low, and doesn't differentiate between natural sugars and added sugars.
  • Azarashi1
    Options
    I started 2 days ago and noticed the same thing!
    Today I exceeded my sugar limit at breakfast! Sodium is pretty tough for me, too, and I'm not even logging in the diet soda I drink.
    Oh well, I guess in time I'll be able to pay attention to sugar grams, too...
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for quite a while--started MFP back in March and have had great success, but I ALWAYS go over on sugar. I don't worry about it too much as long as most of my sugars are coming from fresh fruit/dairy. Basically, if you're eating foods that are "healthy" and have substantial nutritional value, then it's okay--or at least, that's been my experience.
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love fresh fruit! Since I don't eat most processed sugars and sweets, and am not diabetic, I can't see any reason to give up natural sugars. The problem would be substituting nourishing foods for sweet desserts in order to stay under goal.
    I have eliminated the sugar category from my totals on MFP in settings...
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've been logging on MFP every day for awhile and there isn't a SINGLE day where I haven't gone over my sugar limit. MFP doesn't differentiate between natural/added sugar, so even two pieces of fruit in a day will instantly bring me over. I've very rarely seen days in other diaries where people don't go over, but those days never look very healthy...