Favorite books?

Options
13»

Replies

• mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I tend to like YA too--I love Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth...the third book in the series is coming out this month!!!
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.

This one is good.
    I also like anything by Robin Carr, Linda Lael Miller, and Janet Dailey. Dean Koonz book the "Watchers" is good. Dian Palmer is good and so is Patrica Briggs.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    roomonthebroom.jpg

So cute. They even made a TV special out of it in the UK... and it is friggin awesome. Just sayin'.

Oh, did you mean books for like.... adults? HAHAHA ;)

I'm not currently reading anything... the last book I read though was the 2nd book in the Divergent series, Insurgent.

FAVORITE books though, are the Harry Potter Series, and The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss (Romance book), I must have read W&D about 15 times since the first time I read it back in High School. I've read the HP series twice through, but I've read the first book probably about 6 times.

My kids love all the Julia Donaldson books! The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child are favourites! I can recite them word for word.

As for adult books, I love anything by Harlan Coben, Greg Iles, Gregg Hurwitz, Linda Castillo, Tess Gerritsen.....crime books! I don't often read anything deep and meaningful these days. I get limited free time working as a teacher and also looking after my 2 young kids. I did English Lit A Level and a French degree so have read plenty of classics.
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a few books that I read...depends on my mood.

Currently reading: Finding Emma by Steena Holmes, Save my Soul by K.S. Haigwood & Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

One that sticks out that I've read: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (got hooked on this Vampire series!!)

If you're not into that genre...then the book Wonder by R.J Palacio was a great touching story that still sticks with me.
  • drumlovesme
    Options
    Ayn Rand is one of my favourite authors! The book is one of the best reads I will ever come across.

I just finished reading Khaled Hosseini's new book, And The Mountains Echoed. Currently I am not reading anything so if someone could suggest a good book, it would be great :)

Btw, any Matthew Reily fans? Adventure/ action?
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Re-reading 'fit body - fit soul"
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Another great book is Lynne Cox's "swimming the antarctica".
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just finished the three Frakensteins by Koontz, and now reading First to Die by Patterson.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm reading "Voice of the night" by Dean Kootz

My all time favorite is the twilight series. :blushing:

LOVED the first Twilight book but thought it should have been a single :laugh:

Have you read Koontz's Odd Thomas series-love them!

Odd Thomas was fecking brilliant.

I like a lot of sci fi- Verne, Vonnegut, Herbert, ****, Assimov

For newer stuff I like a lot of the YA sci fi- Maze Runner, THG, Gone, Unwind, City of Ember, The Giver
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Gotta be anything by Marian Keyes, totally funny chick lit whilst touching on subjects like depression and addiction but in a clever and light hearted way! Best book is prob the Mystery of Mercy Close. A must read. Failing that Sophie Kinsella/Madeline Wickham books are brill!