I'm back after baby!!

Options
Hello fellow MFP's!! I had an account here a couple years ago that I deleted last year when I had become pregnant. My doctor told me to no longer count calories and to stop running, I was a risky pregnancy since I was almost 40. I listened to my doctor but continued to eat healthy and do as much exercise as I could. After 8 months, I delivered a healthy baby girl (she was 4 weeks early).

Here I am 4 months later and I am down to the weight I was when I began MFP 2 yrs ago (150). I am here again because I need some support to continue to lose and get to the sexy wife my husband had before having our daughter (he thinks I am sexy no matter how much I weigh). I have pretty much and entire in house gym, including an elliptical.I enjoy running and was running 5k's before getting pregnant and I run my first 5k this upcoming Friday (10/18). It will probably be a mix of running and walking since I'm not up to that fitness level yet. It's a 5k with my sons school, mostly doing it to support my son, but for me as well to remember how it feels!

I am not a fitness guru! I do eat unhealthy, at times, and I enjoy my beer!! I mostly drink Craft beer or home brew. Since I want to get on track to losing weight, I will probably be enjoying these things a lot less. I do have a Fitbit One that my husband gave me for Mother's Day (it was something I wanted). My husband thinks I am crazy going up and down stairs or milling around the house to reach my goal just before bed.

Just wanted to say "HI"!! I used to go by the user name tausha_k, maybe I can reconnect with some of my old MFP friends!!

Replies

• srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Congrats on your baby girl!! She's cute, welcome back....this is a great place....add me, we can be friends:blushing:
  • Al_Ann_momma
    Al_Ann_momma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank You !! :flowerforyou:
  • pziehl
    pziehl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, if you'd like. I also have a Fitbit that I started using about two weeks ago. I love it! I started running back in April with the Coach to 5K program. I've never really considered myself a runner, but it is really helping me lose the weight. She's right, your baby is adorable.
  • slimingin20
    Options
    Congrats on the beautiful baby girl. I myself am just starting today. Just hoping that I can keep the motivation going.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You sound like you have a great energy, a lot of motivation and a plan. That is a winning combination. Never mind needing some inspiration. You ARE an inspiration!