any sucess with eating two filling meals a day?

Options
I tried eating 5-6 small meals a day..and when I do that I am hungry an hour later. I eat the right food, plenty of protein and fat, and healthy carbs. I want to try eating 2 large meals a day... since my tdee is an average of about 2000 calories a day..my plan is to eat 2 meals both of them give or take 750 calories...which means I would eat 1500 a day, and lose a pound a week. has anyone else had success with eating two meals a day? I have tried it a few times... I wake up around 8 am and eat and 11 am,..then eat again at 5 pm..and go to bed at 10pm...and im not hungry...at anytime.,..which seems to be the key to successfully staying on a weight loss plan.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. As long as your calories in 24 hours stays in budget it really doesn't matter when you eat them.
  • patburton777
    Options
    I absolutely understand exactly what you are saying! I have come to terms with the fact that since I have a problem with food, I simply cannot allow myself to approach food all the day long! I always feel better if I only eat a small meal (maybe oatmeal) for breakfast and then skip lunch altogether. There is actually a book about such a plan entitled "the diet alternative". I am going to begin fresh and new on this plan and hope to follow your success! Thanks, Pat
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have had great success doing the warrior diet. Basicly eating one large meal a day (dinner) and a snack before bed (usually a small bowl of cereal). As long as your daily calorie intake is in a deficit you will lose weight.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    No. I was pretty light headed. It made me feel sick.
  • jafabuNZ
    jafabuNZ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting or IF. Tried it but for me 3 meals are better. Definitely not into the 5 - 6 "small" meals a day which start from small into bigger and bigger and like you, just made me feel hungrier.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I didn't change my overall eating habits so I still skip breakfast, eat a light lunch and save most of my calories for dinner and evening. I'm losing weight and I still get to have a sizable, satisfying meal and nighttime snack every day just like always. Only now the snack isn't a whole box of Cheezits or a pint of ice cream.

I think having 5-6 snacks (I hesitate to call a handful of almonds or something a meal) a day is great for some people, but not me. We all have to find a way to incorporate a calorie deficit into our lives with the least amount of unpleasantness or we'll never stick to it in the long run.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I didn't change my overall eating habits so I still skip breakfast, eat a light lunch and save most of my calories for dinner and evening. I'm losing weight and I still get to have a sizable, satisfying meal and nighttime snack every day just like always. Only now the snack isn't a whole box of Cheezits or a pint of ice cream.

I think having 5-6 snacks (I hesitate to call a handful of almonds or something a meal) a day is great for some people, but not me. We all have to find a way to incorporate a calorie deficit into our lives with the least amount of unpleasantness or we'll never stick to it in the long run.

^^This is basically what I do. I just get too hungry with tiny meals and eating often has never been my normal pattern so my body can't get used to that idea. I totally agree that changing your habit drastically isn't going to stick in the long run.
  • jafabuNZ
    jafabuNZ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well said eld2310 and me too, I save most of my cals for dinner because that is my "dangerous time" when I know I'm super hungry at the end of the day and it's like a reward thing too, just for being "good" with my cals all day.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm out of work at the moment, but when I was working the only times I felt hungry were 11am and 5pm, and although I wasn't trying to lose weight then if I had been two substantial meals at those times would have worked very well for me. It's a bit different these days because I lack occupation, so I eat more frequently and therefore need to make them smaller meals to hit my deficit. It sounds like it would work really well for you - give it a go and report back!
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've done both frequent meals and a couple big meals but my problem was cravings all the time. I craved chocolate and chips and junk food. But 2 months ago I started drinking Shakeology for breakfast. This totally changed my eating habits. I had energy all day, my blood sugar was more level, and I didn't have cravings for junk food and sweets. I do eat 4-5 times a day: 3 meals and 2 snacks. I don't find I am hungry anymore.

It worked for me.
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i tend to eat 2 meals a day and maybe a snack. i'm losing weight very slowly but that's the way i've always eaten - brunch and evening meal. i tried changing it to 3 meals per day but it didn't fit into my lifestyle. i think so long as you stay around your calorie target, it doesn't matter when you eat - providing you feel ok and don't start getting light headed.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I agree...whatever works for you. Everyone is different.

I myself graze throughout the day (5-6 small meals). I'd be starving otherwise.