Success...kinda

Options
I had to run into town during my lunch break today (I work at an island resort). On days that I have to do this, I usually get McDonald's on my way back. Well, I've lost 12 pounds (many more to go) and I just sort of said the hell with it, I'll have a splurge day and get the McDonald's. First of all let me say...it was soooooo good, but as soon as that first bite was down, I was feeling guilty for giving in. I wound up only eating half the meal - tossing the rest - so if I'm really careful at dinner I'll be able to salvage my day. So that's my sorta success story which I actually feel pretty darn good about since 6 weeks ago I would have wolfed it all down without thinking twice!

Replies

• rundgrenfan
    Options
    I would certainly count that as success -- the awareness, not eating it all. Yay for you!
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    well done! If you must have burger and bun go for proper fresh meaty burger not cardboard but yes i'll admit tasty mckey D!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    That is SOOO great! You didn't avoid it all together, but you knew it wasnt a good choice. Yesterday I had a standoff with a Sunkist Orange Soda. While staring at it, I chugged 16 oz of water.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I give into cravings a bit but watch the portions to make sure that I don't waste calories on non-filling foods.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! :flowerforyou:
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    Awesome job! That was me yesterday...forgot to pack lunch for myself and my 2 year old as we were out and about...so I bought one meal and shared it with him (the 2 cheeseburger meal in the medium size), not even bad on calories!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!