Gaining weight

Options
Hey I'm a 6'1 165 pound teenage boy, who weight lifts for one hour a day and run/have sports after school for at least an hour in edition to the weightlifting and I eat around 2000-2200 calories a day. I am worried because I am gaining weight, I haven't gained any fat in my mid section and don't have very much fat there but I am worried about why I am gaining weight? Should I be eating less? Like maybe 1800 calories? Any response is really appreciated

Replies

• ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Your last post was ten days ago. Have you been weighing/ logging your food these ten days?
  • thomassullivan2
    Options
    Yea, I have been measuring my calories consistently, I am wondering if it's possible that I am gaining muscle?
  • 13ftw67
    13ftw67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Males don't stop growing until around 25 years old. Stay away from Garbage calories and eat lean meals. Limit fast or processed foods be careful of sodium intake. you can substitute fruits for sweet cravings avoid eating late at night before bed. and enjoy being a kid. everything in moderation. I think it's fantastic that you're smart enough to be concerned. Stay focused and read all the labels on the products you put in your body. Pasta, Bread, Rice and Refined sugars are not your friends. Sugary cereals are a trap as well. Steel cut oatmeal, Egg whites and Turkey bacon are better choices. You may have to educate your parents on how to shop for wholesome foods.. Also stay away from energy drinks they are marketed to children your age and they are very bad for you. Soda, Gatorade and other tea's are also high in sugar and High Fructose corn syrup. Become the guardian of what you put in your body. Drink half your body weight in fluid oz. of water example I weight 230lbs so I drink 115 fluid ounces of water a day to maintain loose joints and cellular movement. Ultimately you will make you're own choices as these are mere suggestions that are proven to work for me. Good Luck !!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How old are you? How much have you gained and over what period? Have you changes your intake recently? What are your goals?