what is a binge

Options
PLZ HELP!
i ate a frozen banana for breakfast a few hours ago then was a bit hungry and ate a piece of leftover chocolate cake, (mistake) then an icecream and a mini bread roll..... obviously regretting it now but i was wondering, would this be considered binge eating?

Replies

• rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    "Binge eating is when a person eats a much larger amount of food in a shorter period of time than he or she normally would." Maybe?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Total calories would be a major factor, which indicates whether someone ate enough calories that it would be considered a binge. You seem to signify somehow that refined carbs are the problem.................
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    I am not an expert on binges, however, to me that does not seem to be what constitutes a binge. From what I understand a binge is where you consume a large amount of calories within a short space of time (usually under an hour) where you feel like you are unable to stop and not in control of your eating. I think there is a difference between just feeling hungry and eating calorie concentrated food and binging. I agree with neanderthin, it really depends on how many calories you consumed but I also think it depends on how you felt.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No, it's not a binge.

If you has eaten a filling breakfast you wouldn't have craved those things through hunger...but I'm sure you know that now.
  • Nenny1985
    Nenny1985 Posts: 122
    Options
    nah i wouldn't call that a binge. no stress
  • thelovelytones
    Options
    alright thanks everyone for the responses :) i guess it just comes down to needing to eat three healthy filling meals a day and then you don't feel the need for high calorie snacks...
  • fitkate80
    fitkate80 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I consider a "binge" when I eat a series of things in a row ... and it continues past when I'm feeling "full." I had a bad binge the other day after some stress - ate 3/4 pint of froyo, unsalted pretzels, animal crackers, chips, salsa... and then felt guilty afterward.

I agree with previous posters about having a more well rounded meal to prevent the snacks. Add some protein into each meal. Clearly that doesn't help with emotional binges ;) but in your case it may help!
  • thelovelytones
    Options
    yeah ill definitely try upping protein
    stress does seem to be a big factor for me too
    its guess its reassuring to know binge days or meals aren't that uncommon
    :)