Severe binge

Options
Hiyah ! Normally every day I eat around 1400calories a day but today I've eaten around a massive 4000! Will I immediately gain weight or because I eat less then amount of calories to maintain weight will I have 'banked' enough for this one binge day not to matter? I do not plan on doing it again as I want to eat healthy and right but curious as if it will hinder my weight loss goals? Thank you

Replies

• shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It happens. Don't try to eat less for the rest of the week, just return to normal good eating. No sense in beating yourself up about it.
  • surrealistique
    Options
    For a few days - yes. But do not fear; I know from personal experience, most of it will just be bloat and water weight, especially if you've binged on a lot of sugar and carbs. But its okay! Don't restrict your intake, that just puts you in the binge / restrict cycle (which sucks) don't do any crazy workouts, and the sooner you can move on, the sooner you will feel better (easier said than done, I know) :)
  • surrealistique
    Options
    Also, its best to avoid the scale altogether. It could be trigger. Instead, focus on how you're feeling and respond accordingly
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think the maths would say yes you would gain. I'm not sure though. I think the magic number is 35oo if I remember right. so you are actually close but no cigar. I think you still are in the area of just not losing. i think that's for the week. so assuming you eat regular your weight loss would resume next week. this is all just weak conjecture based on my limited knowledge of the maths in calories in calories out.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Now is a new moment. Forgive yourself, move on to eat and exercise normally, and for goodness sake don't step on the darned scale for a week or two.

We've all goofed. It's part of life.
  • kath4032
    Options
    How long will it take the weight generally to show up on the scales?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    How long will it take the weight generally to show up on the scales?
    If you're like me, right away, :laugh: but remember, as others have said, it's mostly water. Start fresh again tomorrow and don't stress over a bit of overindulgence. :flowerforyou: