Extreme Weight Loss

Options
It's on right now..... it's great motivation....

Tonight Mike over 200 lbs overweight and he is 49 years old.

He does night eating....

I love the transformations.

Replies

• trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    The trainer on Extreme Weight Loss reminds me a little like Bob from Biggest Loser....
  • mlauster
    mlauster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just turned it on Thanks!!! Did you watch the one last week (I think it was last week) with girl who lost her mom in a car accident? I was so mad when she only lost 6 pounds her last 3 months and couldn't have her skin removal surgery.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Just turned it on Thanks!!! Did you watch the one last week (I think it was last week) with girl who lost her mom in a car accident? I was so mad when she only lost 6 pounds her last 3 months and couldn't have her skin removal surgery.

No, I wasn't able to watch it.

The trainer just made me think....he just said "wow this man is almost 50...I don't know many 50 year olds that weigh 400 lbs....because they are dead"

OMG wow
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options

The trainer just made me think....he just said "wow this man is almost 50...I don't know many 50 year olds that weigh 400 lbs....because they are dead"

OMG wow
    Drama. He must not visit Tonga or Samoa. The show is better than BL because the participants get to do it at home, so it's more "real". However, I think it's more important to see the follow up of them after a year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • trackmyday1973
    Options

OMG wow
    Drama. He must not visit Tonga or Samoa. The show is better than BL because the participants get to do it at home, so it's more "real". However, I think it's more important to see the follow up of them after a year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I wonder how many of them actually keep it off.

It's tough....
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    They have a few "where are they now" clips on the ABC website. Unfortunately, since the show is still in such an early season (2nd, I think), the clips are of people from the current season so it's only been a few months or so since the final weigh-in, but the ones I've seen have all kept it all off.

I also noticed that in the episode where the girl lost her mom in the car accident, she worked with someone who had been on the show last season, and she keeps it all off still.

I think it's easier for them to keep it off than on TBL because they're learning to do it at home/in a natural environment and because it's a longer time period that they're working on it. It seems to me like the long-term success rate would be kind of similar to people on this site who have lost a lot of weight. Obviously some will fall backwards into old habits, but I think more often than not, they've learned the proper ways to take care of their bodies to keep it off and maintain their health.
  • UThin
    UThin Posts: 5
    Options
    I found the Extreme Weight Loss videos on YouTube doing research to see what's out there. Pretty amazing, addicting even, to watch.

Kind of gives some of us a sense of hope. I like the way Chris Powell covers all not only weight loss, but habits and feeling good about yourself.

You gotta admit, though, your situation has to reach "extreme" levels for Chris to show up on your doorstep. They wouldn't pick someone with "a few extra pounds". In my opinion, a lot of women look great just the way they are. Maybe because I'm older now and shed some of that shallowness I used to have when I was a teenager. I hate when it gets to a point where their health is at risk though.

Another thing about the show, I'm also glad Chris touches on finding a fitness minded community. I would just add that an online one would work as well.

There are lots of resources out there for those who are less open to being in face to face groups.
    uthin.net
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Must be different in USA??. Mine was of a 23 year old boy who lost his arm due to a bad car accident. It shows every Sunday in Maine
  • AmysTips
    Options
    I agree. Motivation is essential. Without it I think nobody can be successfull in the long run.
    Getting the right coaching made me lose weight a lot faster.

_______
    Amy
    Beaverton, Oregon
    http://www.AmysLoseWeightFastTips.com