In need of motivation

Options
Hi Guys,
So I started losing weight in July, I started off at 128 lbs (I'm 5'4) and now I'm 120 lbs but I'm not seeing a difference and it's so frustrating.
I'm only 1 lb away from my goal weight, but I really don't think I'll be happy then either.
What do you all do when you feel like it just isn't working, I need motivation.

Here are my before and current photos

Before: (July 2013)
125p26e.jpg
4vftxe.jpg
1zz1buf.jpg

Current (October 2013)
1549grp.jpg
1zzngn6.jpg
2dhu3qx.jpg

(Excuse the bad editing- i wasnt sure if underwear photos were allowed)

~Nixi

Replies

• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    So I started losing weight in July, I started off at 128 lbs (I'm 5'4) and now I'm 120 lbs but I'm not seeing a difference and it's so frustrating.
    I'm only 1 lb away from my goal weight, but I really don't think I'll be happy then either.
    What do you all do when you feel like it just isn't working, I need motivation.

Here are my before and current photos

Before: (July 2013)
    zy9c3b.jpg
    24culpc.jpg
    2hs4xw2.jpg

Current (October 2013)
    2yuiy5w.jpg
    2u91y5v.jpg
    t5j6us.jpg

(Excuse the bad editing- i wasnt sure if underwear photos were allowed)

~Nixi

Keep strong and keep counting calories. Calories are your best friend they will determine wether you gain or lose weight. Don't worry keep pushing I need motivation iv not bench pressed or shoulder press or other upper compound in 3 months shoulder injury. It can be a pain I watch bodybuilding videos it works for me as that us my goal to get big. Keep striving and don't give up
  • nixivixxCHANGED
    Options
    I will, thank you :)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    your bottom looks lovely and toned compared to the first set of pics!

Some of the ladies on here swear by heavy lifting - to change your body composition. Same weight, but your body looks tighter and smaller.

I hope this helps!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    You don't need motivation, you just need to change the program you're doing if you're not happy with the results. If you aren't lifting significant resistance, then now's the time to start. Full body workout as a beginner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • UThin
    UThin Posts: 5
    Options
    I guess it wouldn't be motivating to say you look great, and what will 1Lb difference do? I know it's a goal you set, but you made great progress.

Would it help to beat you up psychologically?

uthin.net
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Hey, you look awesome! I think you smoothed out everything really nicely. If you are unsatisfied, it must be the lighting or the use of Photoshop, etc. in the media. You look truly wonderful.

If you are looking for a more athletic look, I do agree with weightlifting or doing a sport that builds muscle. Of course, it doesn't have to be for the look, lol. But I wouldn't worry about it any if you aren't interested in being sporty. Make sure to do some good fitness for your health and you are all good. You already look great. Congrats!!
  • nixivixxCHANGED
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the helpful replies, I'll be sure to take the advice on board in future.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    You are in need of motivation and I am in need for encouraging words...bunch of people added me awhile back and barely any supported, now nobody does at all, I deleted them...looking for more people to ACTUALLY support.