Best bars to eat?

Options
Hey what are the healthiest bars to eat (I live in Australia plz keep that in mind)!
R they even healthy?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What sort of bars do you mean? Why do you need them?
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    quest bars

these

peanut supreme is my fave
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Yeah id have to go with Quest Bars. I know Vitamin King in Australia sell them. and alot of the australian online supplement stores sell them as well.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ones you make yourself, at least you know what is going into them
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hey what are the healthiest bars to eat (I live in Australia plz keep that in mind)! R they even healthy?

I've tried Luna Bars (these are designed for women). You can also get them with fiber or protein. If you can't get them in a nutrition store Down Under, try www.lunabar.com.

The only other option is to make them yourself (at least you can put what YOU like in them).
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'd stick to low sugar cereals and porridge if I were you. They put all kinds of stuff in those bars and a nutritionalist on TV here in the UK say that for the fat and sugar content you may as well be eating chocolate bars!
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'd stick to low sugar cereals and porridge if I were you. They put all kinds of stuff in those bars and a nutritionalist on TV here in the UK say that for the fat and sugar content you may as well be eating chocolate bars!

not quest bars

Some quest bars have the sugar substitute sucrose in them. Which YES in moderation is perfectly fine. But I would rather have SUGAR than a chemical substitute.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hey what are the healthiest bars to eat (I live in Australia plz keep that in mind)! R they even healthy?

I've tried Luna Bars (these are designed for women). You can also get them with fiber or protein. If you can't get them in a nutrition store Down Under, try www.lunabar.com.

The only other option is to make them yourself (at least you can put what YOU like in them).

LUNA BARS:

Just because it’s advertised as a “woman’s bar” doesn’t mean it should have a place in your purse. These bars are filled with difficult-to-absorb minerals and vitamins (like Vitamin D2) that will slow your body down instead of giving you that desired burst of energy, says Hundt. We're also nervous about the amount of soy and the presence of vegetable glycerin in it, too.

this is off a website that did a poll on different brands and which was worse and best with the ingredients and how they made you feel. This is what is said of Luna Bars.

I eat KIND bars which was actually number 1 for best bars to eat. They are made with 100% real food and no chemicals at ALL
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stabilyze (formerly Diabeteze) bars are fantastic! Lower calorie than any other bar I've found. Works great for me when I've got to work thru lunch or if I get evening "munchies". They were formulated by a Natropathic physician and have low glycemic index.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    What if there arnt Quest bars

Nature Valley granola bars , Oatsli , jungle oats bars , Certain protein bars like OH YEAH .
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Mars bars?

No, wait: Snickers.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Mars bars?

Mmmmmm Snickers. My fav.
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Peanut butter granola bars and fiber one bars.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Depends what stage and needs are. Fiber One Chocolate Brownies, 95 calories and takes care of that sweet tooth, and other issues, LOL. As far as the 95 calories Fiber Ones, and the regular 140 calorie Fiber Ones is the bars are smaller. I guess it depends on how many calories you want to allot for this treat.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Mars bars?

lol well as they say a mars a day helps you work rest and play
  • fitnessn00bie
    fitnessn00bie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Where can you buy these infamous Quest bars from? They look to be £2 a bar online, that's a bit steep! Think I may need to make some of my own (I'm in the UK)