What is the Best Exercise App to Use?

Options
I have an Android and I love to exercise with an app but I ma not sure which one is the best.. I have tried using several but then deleting them cause I don't use them as much as when I first downloaded them.. So I need one that I will stick with and I honestly dont know what to look for in an exercise app either.. Please Help!!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    What didn't you like about the ones that you downloaded?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I use Strava and Jefit. What are your needs, more specifically?
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I had been using the Workout Trainer app, because it's loaded with workouts. But it tends to freeze up at times, which is annoying. It worked great for a while, & then freezes every now & again, so I don't use it real often.
    Jillian Michaels has an app I do believe. I haven't checked it out yet though.
  • WhyDelilah79
    WhyDelilah79 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you have a heart rate monitor digifit is great!
  • aaasky
    aaasky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nike Training Club--the demos on all the moves are really helpful and I am sore and tired (in a good way!) after doing the 45 minute strength sessions.
  • ChrisMundie
    ChrisMundie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zombies, run! And it's 5k trainer. With the help of them I now regularly run 5ks and now am just working on getting faster. I also really like run keeper to keep track of my bike rides.
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think runkeeper is great!
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It does depend on your needs really.
    Do you do a lot of cardio and, if so, is it outdoors or inside on a treadmill etc? Do you use a Heart Rate Monitor?

I use Jefit for my gym workouts (which are mainly weights) and then Endomondo for cycling, running, and walking outdoors. Endomondo is great because it connects to my HRM (Polar Wearlink +) and offers lots of functionality, even in the free version.
  • R1ss4n1
    R1ss4n1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am definitely on board with Zombies, Run! It's such an amazing storyline and keeps me motivated to go to the gym much more often.