T25 Question re: pain in legs

Options
I have been doing T25 for about 1 1/2 weeks. After some workouts, the insides of my shins(?) are very sore. I'm not sure how to best explain the location. Kind of right under where your calf muscle starts on the inside of your legs..... any suggestions for this? Towards the end of the workouts I am following the modifier. TIA!

Replies

• tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I guess I am just wondering if it is typical shin splints that I don't really need to worry about or if I have to rest for a while. It really only happens during my workout and for about an hour afterwards. When I have had shin splints in the past, they have always been on the front of my leg, these are on the inside. The article was great, thanks again.
  • denisew424
    denisew424 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started having foot pain and lower shin pain when I started Focus T-25 and started doing it barefoot. It made all the difference in the world. Here is a link of info...http://shauntfitness.com/insanity-shoes/
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I started T25. I got different shoes with larger support base. I would recommend a court shoe with a wider base of support as opposed to a running shoe.

Plus you are working muscles that aren't used to training - the shins are involved in jumping rope and many of Shaun Ts exercises in T25 use those jump rope muscles. In time those muscles will get stronger and stop hurting.
  • Calleigh88
    Options
    I was waring typical nike running shoes and the arches of my feet (flat feet) began to ache so much. Then I remembered I had a pair of asics in the closet so I put those on and viola! The pain was gone. I think it was the lack of extra cushion that helped.