Which way would you really look thinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• book_lover123
    Options
    Maybe she's just curious. Doesn't mean she's necessarily going to do it!
    People on this website have a serious issue with being rude.
    I don't take anything, I just drink a lot of water. But I get dehydrated really easily.

Thank you. I am just curious. Perhaps I get dehydrated without actually knowing it, in which case the water is good anyway.
    Yeah, maybe so. I literally never feel not thirsty, I don't know why. Every time I go to a restraunt I drink a minimum of 3 glasses of water before I've relaxed how much I drink. And the water never makes me so stuffed that I can't eat, I don't know what wrong with me. Lol.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't take anything, I just drink a lot of water. But I get dehydrated really easily.

Thank you. I am just curious. Perhaps I get dehydrated without actually knowing it, in which case the water is good anyway.
    Yeah, maybe so. I literally never feel not thirsty, I don't know why. Every time I go to a restraunt I drink a minimum of 3 glasses of water before I've relaxed how much I drink. And the water never makes me so stuffed that I can't eat, I don't know what wrong with me. Lol.

Beverages, unless carbonated, do not make me feel full...ever. Drinking more water, which I have to force myself to do, only makes me feel thirsty. Odd I know.
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I wish it did stuff me more. But I think when you get used to drinking a certain amount, you just start to want it on a consistent basis, because that has started to happen to me too.

I have never been one for soda, so water usually takes that spot.

Drinking Pepsi on a hot day is the worst. It never really quenches.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    So I've read two things about getting rid of water weight to look thinner/fit into clothes:

a) Drinking at least 8 cups of water a day rids you of excess sodium water weight.

b) Taking diuretics rids you of water weight because you are getting rid of waste.

So which would be the effective solution? One encourages you to drink a lot of water and the other has you flush it away. It seems like contradictory solutions.

Safety issues aside, which one works better -- A or B? Have you tried either one?

The only time I took diurectics was when I was retaining mass quantities of water in my limbs after the birth of my last child. I went into congestive heart failure and was retaining fluids. I flushed the fluids quickly.....so quickly the hospital staff could not keep up with it. It sucked and I would not recommend the method for any reason.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Feeling thirsty constantly or frequently can be a symptom of diabetes or other diseases. If you haven't had blood work done recently, it would be worth checking out.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    Wearing correct clothing and colors makes one "look" thinner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Losing far and exercising makes you look thinner. I've never understood the preoccupation on these boards with water and water weight. The world is not obese because everyone's carrying around a whole bunch of water weight!
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Yeah they are....we aren't all fitness gurus here. Some of us are new to fitness entirely. The sarcasm and rudeness is unbecoming.
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The only time I've taken a diuretic is when I'm feeling particularly bloated and water doesn't seem to be helping (TOM, ate chinese food, etc.).

Otherwise, water or other fluids should do the trick. Dandelion Root tea is supposed to be a natural diuretic. Sometimes, I'll brew that and add some lemon and cranberry juices.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Many people find drinking when they're thirsty and maintaining a calorific deficit through diet and exercise makes them look thinner.
    LOL. What witchcraft is this? :laugh:

:smile:
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Diuretics will dehydrate a healthy person causing you to retain even more water! They are only to be used for medical needs. Simply drink more water.